(8-13, 3-6 away)
UNC Greensboro 77
(6-13, 6-5 home)
Venue: Greensboro Coliseum
2:00PM ET / 11:00AM PT, January 27, 2013
||Z Mason 14
||Z Mason 7
||R White 2
||T Simpson 19
||K McNeil 6
||D Parker 3
On Sunday, January 27th, Chattanooga took on North Carolina-Greensboro and lost to the Spartans 77-69 in conference play. Z Mason secured a double-double in a losing effort including a team-high 18 points and 11 rebounds. Gee McGhee had 12 points and added six assists. For the Spartans, Trevis Simpson got a mind-blowing 41 points, including 7-of-13 shooting from three-point range. Chattanooga (8-13, 3-5 SoCon) gets Georgia Southern (9-12, 3-5 SoCon) on the road on Saturday, February 2nd.
Chattanooga Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:30 left to go.
- The last time UTC started the season 8-13 was 1999.
- Chattanooga has lost 91% of the time this season (1-10) after recording 22 or fewer field goals made.
- When the opposition records 26 or more field goals made this season, Chattanooga has lost 82% of the time (2-9).
- When the opposition records 77 or more total points this season, Chattanooga has lost 78% of the time (2-7).
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 37.9% or better this season, Chattanooga has lost 78% of the time (2-7).
- The Mocs have recorded more free throws made than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- Chattanooga has recorded fewer assists than their opponents for the past 6 games.
- The top two scorers (Z Mason and Ronrico White) accounted for 47.8% of the points.
- Z Mason accounted for 32.3% of the team's rebounds.
- Z Mason has led the team in scoring 12 times and in rebounding 14 times in 21 games this season.
- Gee McGhee has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Z Mason recorded the 8th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Z Mason has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Z Mason recorded a double-double. It was his 4th this season and 6th of his career.
North Carolina-Greensboro Game Notes
- Trevis Simpson recorded a team season high in points with 41, field goals made with 14, field goals attempted with 25, and three pointers attempted with 13.
- Trevis Simpson accounted for 53.2% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (David Williams and Trevis Simpson) accounted for 41.0% of the rebounds.
- Trevis Simpson has led the team in scoring 11 times in 19 games this season.
- David Williams has led the team in rebounding 4 times in 19 games this season.
- This marks the 22nd 20-point game of Trevis Simpson's career.
- Trevis Simpson has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- Trevis Simpson set career highs with 41 points, 14 field goals made, and 7 three-pointers.