(8-13, 3-6 away)
UNC Greensboro 77
(6-13, 6-5 home)
Venue: Greensboro Coliseum
2:00PM ET / 11:00AM PT, January 27, 2013
||Z Mason 14
||Z Mason 7
||R White 2
||T Simpson 19
||K McNeil 6
||D Parker 3
On Sunday, January 27th, North Carolina-Greensboro knocked off Chattanooga 77-69 in conference action. Trevis Simpson played brilliantly for the Spartans and put up a staggering 41 points, shooting 7 of 13 from three-point range. David Williams had seven points and added nine rebounds. Z Mason got a double-double for the Mocs with a team-high 18 points and 11 rebounds. The next game will be on Thursday, January 31st when North Carolina-Greensboro (6-13, 3-4 SoCon) welcomes Elon (13-7, 6-2 SoCon).
North Carolina-Greensboro Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:30 left to go.
- North Carolina-Greensboro started 6-13 during the 2003 and 1997 seasons (since 1996).
- UNCG beat the spread by 2.0 points. That makes the 6th time this season the Spartans have beaten the spread.
- UNCG has won 75% of the time this season (6-2) when opponents record 69 or fewer total points.
- The Spartans set a season high for three-pointers.
- This is the 11th game at home this season--UNCG has a 5.9 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Trevis Simpson recorded a team season high in points with 41, field goals made with 14, field goals attempted with 25, and three pointers attempted with 13.
- Trevis Simpson accounted for 53.2% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (David Williams and Trevis Simpson) accounted for 41.0% of the rebounds.
- Trevis Simpson has led the team in scoring in 11 out of 19 games this season.
- David Williams has led the team in rebounding in 4 out of 19 games this season.
- This marks the 22nd 20-point game of Trevis Simpson's career.
- Trevis Simpson has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- Trevis Simpson had career highs with 41 points, 14 field goals made, and 7 three-pointers.
Chattanooga Game Notes
- Chattanooga lost and did not cover the spread.
- This loss extended the Mocs losing streak to 3 games.
- The top two scorers (Z Mason and Ronrico White) accounted for 47.8% of the points.
- Z Mason accounted for 32.3% of the team's rebounds.
- Z Mason has led the team in scoring 12 times and in rebounding 14 times in 21 games this season.
- Gee McGhee has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Z Mason recorded the 8th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Z Mason has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Z Mason recorded a double-double. It was his 4th this season and 6th of his career.