|Coppin State||M Murray 12.4||M Murray 9.1||T Cephas 3.0|
|NC A&T||A Powell 13.2||A Witter 6.5||L Middleton 2.7|
On Monday, North Carolina A&T plays host to Coppin State at Corbett Sports Center. It gets started at 8:15 EST. The Aggies are 3-4 against the Eagles over the last four years. The last time they met (1/23/2012) they won 93-92.
North Carolina A&T is in 7th place in the conference and needs to hold off 9th place Coppin State.
In spite of 12 points from Adrian Powell, the Aggies came up short 55-52 against Morgan State on January 26th. A crucial part of the team, he leads the way with 13.2 points per game and 1.8 steals per game. For the Eagles, Andre Armstrong put up 28 points in the 84-75 loss to North Carolina Central on January 26th. He is averaging 10.2 points and 1.3 rebounds per game. When considering the Four Factors, Coppin State performs well in turnover percentage at 20.4. This ranks 2nd in the conference and 180th in the country.
Coppin State StatSmack
- Lamont Middleton is ranked 6th in the MEAC in points and 8th in the MEAC in assists.
- Jean Louisme is ranked 4th in the MEAC in three-pointers.
- North Carolina A&T has a better overall winning percentage over the last 5 years (0.408 to 0.397).
- The North Carolina A&T blocks leader (Austin Witter) has more blocks than the Coppin State blocks leader (Charles Ieans).
- You get an A for effort, but North Carolina A&T has emerged victorious against Coppin State the last 2 times they've played.
- Even computers respect North Carolina A&T more. We have a better RPI this season than Coppin State (RPI: #222 vs #254).
- At least you keep showing up. North Carolina A&T has an average margin of victory of 7 over Coppin State in 20 wins since 1985.
- The North Carolina A&T scoring leader (Lamont Middleton) has more points than the Coppin State scoring leader (Michael Murray).
- North Carolina A&T is taller. The average height of the top 8 players on North Carolina A&T is 76.8 inches compared to 75.8 inches for Coppin State.
|F||B. St. Louis||7||0||1||0||0||0||0|