On Sunday, January 27th, Clemson scored 30 points from three-point territory and knocked off Virginia Tech 77-70 in ACC action. Milton Jennings earned a double-double in the win with a career-high 28 points and 14 rebounds. K.J. McDaniels was on fire from three-point range, going 5 for 7 on the way to 17 points. For the Hokies, Erick Green got a team-high 25 points and five assists. Clemson (11-8, 3-4 ACC) gets Georgia Tech (11-7, 1-5 ACC) on their home court on Tuesday, January 29th.
Clemson Game Notes
- The last time Clemson started the season 11-8 was 2001.
- Clemson beat the spread by 6.5 points. That makes the 11th time this season the Tigers have beaten the spread.
- Clemson has won 100% of the time this season (10-0) when its field goal percentage has been 44.9% or better.
- Clemson has won 100% of the time this season (7-0) after holding an opponent to under 35.0% field goal percentage.
- Clemson has won 100% of the time this season (6-0) when opponents record 9 or fewer assists.
- This season Clemson has won 100% of the time (4-0) when Milton Jennings has 6 field goals made or more and 88% of the time (7-1) when Rod Hall has 5 assists or more.
- Clemson set a season low for steals.
- This is the 10th game at home this season--Clemson has a 15.3 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Milton Jennings recorded a team season high in points with 28, free throws made with 16, and free throws attempted with 18.
- Milton Jennings accounted for 48.2% of the team's points.
- Milton Jennings accounted for 33.3% of the team's rebounds.
- Milton Jennings has led the team in scoring 6 times and in rebounding 7 times in 19 games this season.
- This marks the 3rd 20-point game of Milton Jennings's career.
- Milton Jennings recorded a double-double. It was his 2nd this season and 7th of his career.
- Milton Jennings had career highs with 28 points, 16 free throws made, 14 rebounds, 11 defensive rebounds, and 4 blocks.
- Devin Booker recorded the 14th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- K.J. McDaniels had career highs with 17 points and 5 three-pointers.
Virginia Tech Game Notes
- Virginia Tech lost and did not cover the spread.
- The Hokies have lost 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Virginia Tech has lost 37 close games.
- Erick Green accounted for 42.3% of the team's points.
- Erick Green has led the team in scoring 17 times in 19 games this season.
- C.J. Barksdale has led the team in rebounding 5 times in 19 games this season.
- This marks the 25th 20-point game of Erick Green's career.
- Erick Green has 6 straight 20+ point games.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for C.J. Barksdale.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Cadarian Raines.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Joey van Zegeren.