(7) Michigan State 70
(17-4, 5-4 away)
(7) Indiana 75
(18-2, 13-2 home)
Venue: Assembly Hall (IN)
1:00PM ET / 10:00AM PT, January 27, 2013
||K Appling 13
||A Payne 6
||K Appling 4
||C Zeller 16
||C Zeller 8
||K Ferrell 4
No. 7 Indiana clipped No. 13 Michigan State 75-70 in Big Ten play on Sunday, January 27th. With a record of 3-0, the Hoosiers remain unbeaten versus AP-Ranked teams this season. Victor Oladipo had an impressive game for the Hoosiers and put up a season-high 21 points and seven rebounds (6 Stl 3 Blk). Cody Zeller had nine points and added seven rebounds. For the Spartans, Gary Harris finished with a game-high 21 points, including 5-of-10 shooting from three-point range. The next game will be on Wednesday, January 30th when Indiana (18-2, 6-1 Big Ten) goes to Purdue (10-9, 3-3 Big Ten).
Indiana Game Notes
- The win over Michigan State extended the Indiana winning streak to 3 games.
- The Hoosiers have won 4 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, Indiana has won 22 close games.
- Prior to this game, IU played 42 Top 25 opponents in the last 5 seasons with a record of 10-32.
- Indiana has won 100% of the time this season (11-0) when its field goal percentage has been 50.9% or better.
- The Hoosiers have won 100% of the time this season (12-0) after recording 8 or more three-pointers.
- Indiana has won 100% of the time this season (5-0) after committing 16 or fewer turnovers.
- IU has won 100% of the time this season (6-0) when opponents record 1 or fewer blocks.
- This season Indiana has won 100% of the time (13-0) when Jordan Hulls has 10 points or more, 83% of the time (5-1) when Victor Oladipo plays 30 minutes or more, and 100% of the time (6-0) when Christian Watford has 5 field goals made or more.
- IU set a season low for rebounds.
- The Hoosiers have recorded more free throws made than their opponents for the past 6 games.
- This is the 14th game at home this season--IU has a 28.6 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Victor Oladipo recorded a team season high in steals with 6.
- The top two scorers (Victor Oladipo and Christian Watford) accounted for 44.0% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Cody Zeller and Victor Oladipo) accounted for 45.1% of the rebounds.
- Victor Oladipo has led the team in scoring in 6 out of 20 games this season.
- Cody Zeller has led the team in rebounding in 9 out of 20 games this season.
- Christian Watford has 10 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 4th 20-point game of Victor Oladipo's career.
- Victor Oladipo had career highs with 8 field goals made and 6 steals.
- Will Sheehey had a career high with a 100% three-point percentage.
Michigan State Game Notes
- The Spartans have lost 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Michigan State has lost 18 close games.
- Gary Harris recorded a team season high in three pointers attempted with 10.
- The top two scorers (Gary Harris and Adreian Payne) accounted for 55.7% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Adreian Payne and Branden Dawson) accounted for 53.1% of the rebounds.
- Gary Harris has led the team in scoring 6 times in 21 games this season.
- Adreian Payne has led the team in rebounding 8 times in 21 games this season.
- Adreian Payne set a career high with 3 three-pointers.
- This marks the 3rd 20-point game of Gary Harris's career.
- Derrick Nix set a career high with 6 assists.
- Travis Trice set a career high with 5 assists.