Seton Hall 67
(13-7, 4-5 away)
St John's 71
(13-7, 9-4 home)
Venue: Madison Square Garden
12:00PM ET / 9:00AM PT, January 27, 2013
||F Edwin 17
||G Teague 8
||T Maayan 3
||D Harrison 19
||J Sampson 6
||P Greene IV 2
On Sunday, January 27th, St. John's took on Seton Hall and knocked off the Pirates 71-67 in conference play. The Red Storm were led by D`Angelo Harrison, who put up a game-high 24 points plus seven rebounds. JaKarr Sampson had 19 points and added five rebounds. For the Pirates, Gene Teague finished with a career-high 22 points and five rebounds. St. John's (13-7, 5-3 Big East) takes on DePaul (10-9, 1-5 Big East) on Wednesday, January 30th at home.
St. John's Game Notes
- The last time SJU started the season 13-7 was 2001.
- The win over Seton Hall extended the St. John's winning streak to 4 games.
- The Red Storm have won 4 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, St. John's has won 28 close games.
- St. John's has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) when its field goal percentage has been 49.1% or better.
- St. John's has won 86% of the time this season (6-1) after committing 9 or fewer turnovers.
- The Red Storm have won 78% of the time this season (7-2) after recording 71 or more total points.
- SJU has won 86% of the time this season (6-1) when opponents record 4 or fewer steals.
- This season St. John's has won 78% of the time (7-2) when Phil Greene IV has 10 points or more, 83% of the time (5-1) when JaKarr Sampson plays 36 minutes or more, and 71% of the time (10-4) when D`Angelo Harrison has 6 field goals made or more.
- The Red Storm have recorded more blocks than their opponents for the past 11 games.
- D`Angelo Harrison accounted for 33.8% of the team's points.
- D`Angelo Harrison has led the team in scoring 11 times and in rebounding 3 times in 20 games this season.
- This marks the 25th 20-point game of D`Angelo Harrison's career.
- D`Angelo Harrison has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- JaKarr Sampson has 7 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 4th foul out of the season for Sir`Dominic Pointer.
Seton Hall Game Notes
- The Pirates have lost 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Seton Hall has lost 27 close games.
- Gene Teague accounted for 32.8% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Fuquan Edwin and Brian Oliver) accounted for 41.6% of the rebounds.
- Fuquan Edwin has led the team in rebounding 4 times in 20 games this season.
- Fuquan Edwin has 7 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 3rd 20-point game of Gene Teague's career.
- Gene Teague set career highs with 22 points and 9 field goals made.
|A||Phil Greene IV||33||10||5||3||1||0||0|