Seton Hall 67
(13-7, 4-5 away)
St John's 71
(13-7, 9-4 home)
Venue: Madison Square Garden
12:00PM ET / 9:00AM PT, January 27, 2013
||F Edwin 17
||G Teague 8
||T Maayan 3
||D Harrison 19
||J Sampson 6
||P Greene IV 2
Seton Hall faced off with St. John's on Sunday, January 27th and was clipped by the Red Storm 71-67 in conference play. Gene Teague got a career-high 22 points plus five rebounds for the Pirates. Fuquan Edwin also had a solid game, scoring 14 points and adding nine rebounds. For the Red Storm, D`Angelo Harrison got a game-high 24 points and seven rebounds. Seton Hall (13-7, 2-5 Big East) takes on Georgetown (14-4, 4-3 Big East) on Wednesday, January 30th on the road.
Seton Hall Game Notes
- SHU beat the spread by 0.5 points. That makes the 7th time this season the Pirates have beaten the spread.
- The Pirates have been unlucky 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Seton Hall has lost 27 close games.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 49.1% or better this season, Seton Hall has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition records 71 or more total points this season, Seton Hall has lost 83% of the time (1-5).
- When the opposition records 26 or more field goals made this season, Seton Hall has lost 75% of the time (1-3).
- SHU set a season low for blocks.
- The Pirates have turned the ball over more than their opponents in the past 8 games.
- Gene Teague accounted for 32.8% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Fuquan Edwin and Brian Oliver) accounted for 41.6% of the rebounds.
- Fuquan Edwin has led the team in rebounding in 4 out of 20 games this season.
- Fuquan Edwin has 7 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 3rd 20-point game of Gene Teague's career.
- Gene Teague had career highs with 22 points and 9 field goals made.
St. John's Game Notes
- St. John's won, but did not cover the spread.
- The Red Storm won this one, but have lost 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, St. John's has lost 16 close games.
- D`Angelo Harrison accounted for 33.8% of the team's points.
- D`Angelo Harrison has led the team in scoring 11 times and in rebounding 3 times in 20 games this season.
- This marks the 25th 20-point game of D`Angelo Harrison's career.
- D`Angelo Harrison has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- JaKarr Sampson has 7 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 4th foul out of the season for Sir`Dominic Pointer.
|A||Phil Greene IV||33||10||5||3||1||0||0|