Loyola (MD) 71
(15-7, 10-3 home)
Venue: Reitz Arena
12:00PM ET / 9:00AM PT, January 27, 2013
||L Jones 22
||D Laury 10
||L Jones 3
||D Cormier 17
||A Winbush 6
||R Williams 4
On Sunday, January 27th, Iona took on Loyola (MD) and won on the road versus the Greyhounds 79-71 in conference play. The Gaels got a double-double out of David Laury with 10 points and 14 rebounds. Sean Armand had 14 points and added four rebounds. For the Greyhounds, Dylon Cormier finished with a team-high 18 points and seven rebounds. Next up for Iona (14-7, 8-2 MAAC) is Niagara (12-8, 8-1 MAAC) on Thursday, January 31st on the road.
Iona Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:32 left to go.
- Iona beat the spread by 9.5 points. That makes the 10th time this season the Gaels have beaten the spread.
- Iona has won 100% of the time this season (7-0) when its field goal percentage has been 48.1% or better.
- The Gaels have won 100% of the time this season (8-0) after recording 4 or more blocks.
- Iona has won 77% of the time this season (10-3) when opponents record 5 or fewer steals.
- This season Iona has won 75% of the time (9-3) when Lamont Jones has 23 points or more, 78% of the time (7-2) when David Laury has 4 field goals made or more, and 75% of the time (6-2) when Tavon Sledge has 5 rebounds or more.
- The Gaels have recorded more free throws made than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- The top two scorers (Lamont Jones and Sean Armand) accounted for 46.8% of the points.
- David Laury accounted for 35.8% of the team's rebounds.
- Lamont Jones has led the team in scoring in 15 out of 21 games this season.
- David Laury has led the team in rebounding in 9 out of 21 games this season.
- This marks the 30th 20-point game of Lamont Jones's career.
- Lamont Jones has 4 straight 20+ point games.
- David Laury recorded the 6th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- David Laury has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- David Laury has grabbed double-digit rebounds in 3 straight games.
- David Laury recorded a double-double. It was the 5th of his career.
- Sean Armand has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 4th foul out of the season for Sean Armand.
Loyola (MD) Game Notes
- Loyola (MD) lost and did not cover the spread.
- R.J. Williams recorded a team season high in assists with 7.
- The top two scorers (Dylon Cormier and Robert Olson) accounted for 45.0% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Anthony Winbush and Erik Etherly) accounted for 42.5% of the rebounds.
- Dylon Cormier has led the team in scoring 12 times in 22 games this season.
- Anthony Winbush has led the team in rebounding 10 times in 22 games this season.
- R.J. Williams set a career high with 7 assists.
- Anthony Winbush recorded the 4th double-digit rebound game of his career.