Ranking the 50 Biggest Rumors of the MLB Offseason That Never Happened

« Prev
1 of 52
Next »
Use your ← → (arrow) keys to browse the slideshow
Ranking the 50 Biggest Rumors of the MLB Offseason That Never Happened
Jennifer Stewart-USA TODAY Sports
Justin Upton's name was all over the rumor mill this offseason.

The Major League Baseball rumor mill has been out of control this offseason.

Over the last few months, reports have flown across the baseball world and the Internet with the latest information on what could end up happening.

About 90 percent of rumors turn out to be completely false. The remaining 10 percent of rumors turn out to be somewhat truthful, but only around five percent of them lead to players getting traded or signing new contracts.

This winter could not have been more exciting, with all of the “random” rumors that were reported by some of the industry’s best journalists. With such a star-studded free agent class and several players on the trade block, it was bound to be a crazy offseason.

Countless moves have shaken up the game this offseason, but let’s turn our attention to the moves that didn’t happen, but were rumored to be possible.

Here are the 50 biggest rumors from this offseason that never happened.

 

*For rumors not mentioned that you feel deserve to be on the list, please place them in the comments section below.*

Begin Slideshow »
Load More Stories

Follow B/R on Facebook

MLB

Subscribe Now

We will never share your email address

Thanks for signing up.