Northern Colorado dropped one to Sacramento State 79-72 in conference play on Saturday, January 26th. Tevin Svihovec put up a season-high 21 points plus seven assists in the Bears loss. Derrick Barden had 16 points and added nine rebounds. For the Hornets, Mikh McKinney finished with a season-high 26 points and four rebounds. Northern Colorado (5-13, 3-7 Big Sky) welcomes Idaho State (4-15, 3-7 Big Sky) on Thursday, January 31st.
Northern Colorado Game Notes
- The last time UNC started the season 5-13 was 2004.
- Northern Colorado has lost 100% of the time this season (0-5) after recording 30 or fewer rebounds.
- When the opposition records 27 or more field goals made this season, Northern Colorado has lost 100% of the time (0-7).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 54.0% or better this season, Northern Colorado has lost 100% of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 47.4% or better this season, Northern Colorado has lost 100% of the time (0-5).
- The Bears set a season high for three-pointers.
- UNC set a season low for free throws made.
- This is the 6th loss of the season where the Bears opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- Tevin Svihovec recorded a team season high in assists with 7.
- The top two scorers (Tevin Svihovec and Derrick Barden) accounted for 51.3% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Derrick Barden and Tevin Svihovec) accounted for 50.0% of the rebounds.
- Tevin Svihovec has led the team in scoring in 5 out of 18 games this season.
- Derrick Barden has led the team in rebounding in 12 out of 18 games this season.
- This marks the 3rd 20-point game of Tevin Svihovec's career.
- Tevin Svihovec had a career high with 7 assists.
- Derrick Barden has 3 straight double-digit point games.
Sacramento State Game Notes
- Mikh McKinney accounted for 32.9% of the team's points.
- Mikh McKinney has led the team in scoring 5 times in 18 games this season.
- Konner Veteto has led the team in rebounding 8 times in 18 games this season.
- This marks the 3rd 20-point game of Mikh McKinney's career.
- Dylan Garrity set a career high with a 100% field goal percentage.