Weber State 74
(13-5, 5-4 away)
(14-4, 9-1 home)
Venue: Dahlberg Arena
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, January 26, 2013
||D Berry 14
||J Bolomboy 8
||D Berry 3
||M Ward 15
||K Jamar 6
||W Cherry 4
Montana squared off with Weber State on Saturday, January 26th and just barely got by the Wildcats 76-74 in Big Sky play. Will Cherry played brilliantly for the Grizzlies and put up a season-high 28 points plus six rebounds (4 Stl 3 Ast). Kareem Jamar scored 11 points and added three rebounds. For the Wildcats, Frank Otis got a career-high 17 points and seven rebounds. The next game will be on Thursday, January 31st when Montana (14-4, 10-0 Big Sky) heads to Portland State (5-11, 3-6 Big Sky).
Montana Game Notes
- The win over Weber State extended the Montana winning streak to 10 games.
- The Grizzlies have won 5 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, Montana has won 26 close games.
- The Grizzlies have won 100% of the time this season (7-0) after recording 76 or more total points.
- Montana has won 80% of the time this season (4-1) after committing 15 or fewer turnovers.
- UM has won 82% of the time this season (9-2) when opponents record 5 or fewer steals.
- This season Montana has won 93% of the time (13-1) when Mathias Ward has 11 points or more, 75% of the time (9-3) when Kareem Jamar has 4 field goals made or more, and 83% of the time (5-1) when Michael Weisner has 5 rebounds or more.
- UM set season lows for assists, blocks, three-pointers, and three-point percentage.
- The Grizzlies have recorded more free throws made than their opponents for the past 5 games.
- This is the 6th win of the season where the Grizzlies came back after being down at halftime.
- This is the 10th game at home this season--UM has a 10.3 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Will Cherry recorded a team season high in points with 28, free throws made with 15, and free throws attempted with 16.
- Will Cherry accounted for 36.8% of the team's points.
- Will Cherry has led the team in scoring in 3 out of 18 games this season.
- Kareem Jamar has 7 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 18th 20-point game of Will Cherry's career.
- Will Cherry had a career high with 15 free throws made.
- Spencer Coleman has 4 straight double-digit point games.
Weber State Game Notes
- The Wildcats have lost 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Weber State has lost 22 close games.
- The top two scorers (Davion Berry and Frank Otis) accounted for 45.9% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Frank Otis and Joel Bolomboy) accounted for 52.0% of the rebounds.
- Davion Berry has led the team in scoring 7 times in 18 games this season.
- Frank Otis has led the team in rebounding 4 times in 18 games this season.
- Scott Bamforth has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Frank Otis set career highs with 17 points and 8 field goals made.
- Kyle Tresnak has 4 straight double-digit point games.