La Salle 69
(14-5, 5-4 away)
(19) VCU 61
(16-5, 11-3 home)
Venue: Stuart Siegel Center
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, January 26, 2013
||R Galloway 17
||S Zack 6
||T Duren 3
||T Graham 16
||J Reddic 8
||D Theus 4
Even though they entered the game as an 11-point underdog, La Salle got an upset over No. 19 Virginia Commonwealth 69-61 in conference play. The Explorers remain unbeaten 2-0 versus AP-Ranked teams this season with the win. The Explorers got the win with a career-high 31 points and two rebounds from Ramon Galloway. Jerrell Wright had two points and added nine rebounds. Juvonte Reddic recorded a double-double for the Rams on a team-high 22 points and 10 rebounds. The next game will be on Wednesday, January 30th when La Salle (14-4, 4-2 A-10) welcomes Massachusetts (12-5, 2-2 A-10).
La Salle Game Notes
- La Salle beat the spread by 19.5 points. That makes the 6th time this season the Explorers have beaten the spread.
- Prior to this game, La Salle played 17 Top 25 opponents in the last 5 seasons with a record of 1-16.
- La Salle has won 100% of the time this season (8-0) when its field goal percentage has been 47.1% or better.
- The Explorers have won 100% of the time this season (6-0) after recording 17 or more free throws made.
- La Salle has won 83% of the time this season (5-1) after committing 14 or fewer turnovers.
- La Salle has won 100% of the time this season (8-0) when opponents record 61 or fewer total points.
- La Salle has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) after holding an opponent to under 38.3% field goal percentage.
- This season La Salle has won 100% of the time (6-0) when Tyreek Duren has 16 points or more, 83% of the time (10-2) when Sam Mills plays 34 minutes or more, and 80% of the time (4-1) when Ramon Galloway has 4 three-pointers or more.
- The Explorers have outshot their opponents in free throw percentage for the past 4 games.
- La Salle has recorded fewer rebounds than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- Ramon Galloway recorded a team season high in points with 31.
- Ramon Galloway accounted for 44.9% of the team's points.
- Steve Zack accounted for 31.4% of the team's rebounds.
- Ramon Galloway has led the team in scoring in 9 out of 19 games this season.
- Steve Zack has led the team in rebounding in 7 out of 19 games this season.
- This marks the 16th 20-point game of Ramon Galloway's career.
- Ramon Galloway had a career high with 31 points.
- Steve Zack recorded the 3rd double-digit rebound game of his career.
Virginia Commonwealth Game Notes
- Virginia Commonwealth lost and did not cover the spread.
- Juvonte Reddic accounted for 36.0% of the team's points.
- Treveon Graham accounted for 33.3% of the team's rebounds.
- Juvonte Reddic has led the team in scoring 7 times in 21 games this season.
- Treveon Graham has led the team in rebounding 6 times in 21 games this season.
- This marks the 8th 20-point game of Juvonte Reddic's career.
- Juvonte Reddic has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Juvonte Reddic recorded a double-double. It was his 6th this season and 12th of his career.
- Treveon Graham recorded the 3rd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Treveon Graham has 14 straight double-digit point games.
- Treveon Graham recorded a double-double. It was the 3rd of his career.
- Treveon Graham set career highs with 12 rebounds and 6 offensive rebounds.