On Saturday, January 26th, Colorado State took on Fresno State and won on the road against the Bulldogs 74-63 in conference action. Greg Smith led the Rams and put up 11 points and four rebounds. Dorian Green had a team-high 17 points and added five assists. For the Bulldogs, Tyler Johnson got a game-high 23 points. Colorado State (16-4, 3-2 MWC) takes on Boise State (14-5, 2-3 MWC) on Wednesday, January 30th on their home court.
Colorado State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:35 left to go.
- The last time CSU started the season 16-4 was 1996.
- CSU beat the spread by 3.5 points. That makes the 9th time this season the Rams have beaten the spread.
- The Rams have won 100% of the time this season (10-0) after recording 74 or more total points.
- CSU has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) when opponents record 21 or fewer rebounds.
- CSU has won 82% of the time this season (9-2) after holding an opponent to under 38.5% field goal percentage.
- This season Colorado State has won 81% of the time (13-3) when Colton Iverson has 11 points or more, 71% of the time (5-2) when Wes Eikmeier plays 33 minutes or more, and 100% of the time (10-0) when Pierce Hornung has 4 field goals made or more.
- CSU set a season low for blocks.
- The Rams have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past 20 games.
- Dorian Green recorded a team season high in free throws made with 10.
- Colton Iverson accounted for 32.5% of the team's rebounds.
- Dorian Green has led the team in scoring in 6 out of 20 games this season.
- Colton Iverson has led the team in rebounding in 9 out of 20 games this season.
- Colton Iverson recorded the 14th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Colton Iverson recorded a double-double. It was his 9th this season and 11th of his career.
- Dorian Green has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Dorian Green had a career high with 10 free throws made.
Fresno State Game Notes
- Fresno State lost and did not cover the spread.
- This loss extended the Bulldogs losing streak to 3 games.
- Tyler Johnson recorded a team season high in field goals attempted with 16.
- Tyler Johnson accounted for 36.5% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Kevin Foster and Marvelle Harris) accounted for 42.8% of the rebounds.
- Tyler Johnson has led the team in scoring 5 times in 19 games this season.
- Kevin Foster has led the team in rebounding 10 times in 19 games this season.
- This marks the 2nd 20-point game of Tyler Johnson's career.
- Tyler Johnson has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Tyler Johnson set a career high with 4 steals.