Wyoming faced off with Air Force on Saturday, January 26th and lost at home against the Falcons 57-48 in conference play. Leonard Washington put up a game-high 19 points plus nine rebounds for the Cowboys. Derrious Gilmore also put in a solid contribution, scoring 15 points and adding four assists. For the Falcons, Taylor Broekhuis got a team-high 16 points and nine rebounds. Wyoming (15-4, 2-4 MWC) takes on 15th-ranked New Mexico (17-3, 4-1 MWC) on Wednesday, January 30th at home.
Wyoming Game Notes
- The last time Wyoming started the season 15-4 was 2000.
- Wyoming has lost 75% of the time this season (1-3) after recording 5 or fewer steals.
- Wyoming set a season low for three-point percentage.
- Wyoming has recorded fewer rebounds than their opponents for the past 5 games.
- This is the 12th game at home this season--Wyoming has a 10.7 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Leonard Washington accounted for 39.5% of the team's points.
- Leonard Washington accounted for 36.0% of the team's rebounds.
- Leonard Washington has led the team in scoring 8 times and in rebounding 13 times in 19 games this season.
- Leonard Washington has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Josh Adams.
Air Force Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Taylor Broekhuis and Michael Lyons) accounted for 47.3% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Taylor Broekhuis and Todd Fletcher) accounted for 45.4% of the rebounds.
- Taylor Broekhuis has led the team in rebounding 5 times in 18 games this season.
- Michael Lyons has 3 straight double-digit point games.