(12-9, 2-7 away)
Illinois State 67
(12-9, 9-5 home)
Venue: Redbird Arena
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, January 26, 2013
||C Ryan 17
||T Taylor 7
||T Taylor 4
||J Carmichael 18
||J Carmichael 9
||K Keane 3
On Saturday, January 26th, Illinois State knocked off Evansville 67-62 in conference action. Jackie Carmichael got a game-high 24 points and 14 rebounds for the Redbirds, earning a double-double. Tyler Brown also had a strong game, scoring 23 points and adding four rebounds. For the Aces, Ned Cox got a season-high 18 points and three rebounds. Illinois State (12-9, 3-6 The Valley) takes on Bradley (12-9, 4-5 The Valley) on Tuesday, January 29th on the road.
Illinois State Game Notes
- The last time IllSt started the season 12-9 was 1998.
- The win over Evansville extended the Illinois State winning streak to 3 games.
- The Redbirds have won 4 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, Illinois State has won 40 close games.
- IllSt has won 86% of the time this season (6-1) when opponents record 62 or fewer total points.
- IllSt has won 86% of the time this season (6-1) after holding an opponent to under 41.1% field goal percentage.
- This season Illinois State has won 100% of the time (5-0) when Jackie Carmichael has 24 points or more and 80% of the time (4-1) when Tyler Brown plays 33 minutes or more.
- IllSt set season lows for field goals made and steals.
- The Redbirds have recorded more free throws made than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- This is the 12th game at home this season--IllSt has a 11.5 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Tyler Brown recorded a team season high in free throws attempted with 17.
- Jackie Carmichael accounted for 35.8% of the team's points.
- Jackie Carmichael accounted for 38.8% of the team's rebounds.
- Jackie Carmichael has led the team in scoring 11 times and in rebounding 18 times in 21 games this season.
- This marks the 18th 20-point game of Jackie Carmichael's career.
- Jackie Carmichael has 13 straight double-digit point games.
- Jackie Carmichael recorded a double-double. It was his 10th this season and 30th of his career.
- This marks the 15th 20-point game of Tyler Brown's career.
- Tyler Brown had a career high with 12 free throws made.
Evansville Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Ned Cox and Colt Ryan) accounted for 56.4% of the points.
- Ned Cox has led the team in scoring 3 times in 21 games this season.
- Troy Taylor has led the team in rebounding 14 times in 21 games this season.
- Colt Ryan has 10 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Troy Taylor.