(12-9, 3-6 away)
(20) Wichita State 73
(19-2, 13-0 home)
Venue: Charles Koch Arena
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, January 26, 2013
||W Lemon Jr. 14
||W Egolf 5
||W Lemon Jr. 3
||C Early 15
||C Hall 7
||M Armstead 3
No. 20 Wichita State easily took down Bradley 73-39 in The Valley play on a night when they outrebounded the Braves 44-21. With a record of 2-0, the Shockers stay undefeated against Bradley this season. The Shockers got the win with 11 points and nine rebounds from Jake White. Malcolm Armstead had 10 points and added eight assists (5 Reb 4 Stl). For the Braves, Walt Lemon Jr. got a game-high 14 points and two rebounds. The next game will be on Tuesday, January 29th when Wichita State (19-2, 8-1 The Valley) welcomes Indiana State (13-7, 6-3 The Valley).
Wichita State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 8:36 left to go.
- The win over Bradley extended the Wichita State winning streak to 4 games.
- WSU beat the spread by 19.0 points. That makes the 11th time this season the Shockers have beaten the spread.
- This was the 4th blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, WSU has been on the winning end of 31 blowout games.
- The Shockers have won 100% of the time this season (9-0) after recording 73 or more total points.
- Wichita State has won 100% of the time this season (9-0) after committing 12 or fewer turnovers.
- Wichita State has won 83% of the time this season (5-1) when its field goal percentage has been 51.0% or better.
- WSU has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) when opponents record 15 or fewer field goals made.
- WSU has won 88% of the time this season (7-1) after holding an opponent to under 26.7% three-point percentage.
- This season Wichita State has won 94% of the time (17-1) when Cleanthony Early has 10 points or more, 91% of the time (10-1) when Malcolm Armstead has 4 field goals made or more, and 100% of the time (4-0) when Nick Wiggins has 3 three-pointers or more.
- The Shockers have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past 11 games.
- Wichita State has been outshot by their opponents in free throw percentage for the past 4 games.
- This is the 11th game at home this season--WSU has a 17.5 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (22) than the starters (17).
- The bench recorded more points (38) than the starters (35).
- Jake White has led the team in rebounding in 3 out of 21 games this season.
- Cleanthony Early has 11 straight double-digit point games.
Bradley Game Notes
- Bradley lost and did not cover the spread.
- This was the 2nd blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, BU has been on the losing end of 11 blowout games.
- Walt Lemon Jr. accounted for 35.8% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Jordan Prosser and Shayok Shayok) accounted for 42.8% of the rebounds.
- Walt Lemon Jr. has led the team in scoring 11 times in 21 games this season.
- Jordan Prosser has led the team in rebounding 4 times in 21 games this season.
- Walt Lemon Jr. has 4 straight double-digit point games.
|B||Walt Lemon Jr.||31||14||2||1||2||1||0|
|B+||Fred Van Vleet||29||6||5||5||0||0||1|