Central Michigan shot just 30% from the field and lost big against Western Michigan 76-59 in conference play on Saturday, January 26th. The Chippewas were paced by Derrick Richardson Jr., who put up six points and two rebounds. Blake Hibbitts got 14 points and added four rebounds. Shayne Whittington finished with a game-high 20 points and five rebounds for the Broncos. Next up for Central Michigan (9-10, 2-4 MAC) is Buffalo (7-13, 2-4 MAC) on Wednesday, January 30th on the road.
Central Michigan Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 4:00 left to go.
- Central Michigan has lost 80% of the time this season (1-4) after recording 1 or fewer blocks.
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 38.1% or better this season, Central Michigan has lost 83% of the time (1-5).
- When the opposition records 76 or more total points this season, Central Michigan has lost 75% of the time (2-6).
- The Chippewas set a season high for steals.
- The last time CMU recorded at least 12 steals was Feb 23, 2011 against Northern Illinois.
- CMU set season lows for field goals made and field goal percentage.
- Central Michigan has recorded fewer rebounds than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- This is the 8th game at home this season--CMU has a 0.1 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Chris Fowler recorded a team season high in steals with 4.
- The top two scorers (Kyle Randall and Blake Hibbitts) accounted for 47.4% of the points.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (12) than the starters (11).
- Kyle Randall has led the team in scoring in 14 out of 19 games this season.
- Kyle Randall has 14 straight double-digit point games.
Western Michigan Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Shayne Whittington and David Brown) accounted for 43.4% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Brandon Pokley and Dan Loney) accounted for 40.4% of the rebounds.
- Shayne Whittington has led the team in scoring 6 times in 19 games this season.
- This marks the 3rd 20-point game of Shayne Whittington's career.
- Brandon Pokley set a career high with 9 rebounds.
- Nate Hutcheson set career highs with a 100% field goal percentage and a 100% three-point percentage.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Jared Klein.