North Dakota 81
(8-11, 2-8 away)
Northern Arizona 79
(7-13, 4-5 home)
Venue: Walkup Skydome
4:05PM ET / 1:05PM PT, January 26, 2013
||T Huff 18
||T Huff 7
||J Webb 3
||G Rogers 16
||G Bewernick 5
||S Saldivar 4
North Dakota squared off with Northern Arizona on Saturday, January 26th and just barely beat the Lumberjacks 81-79 in conference action. North Dakota found themselves down 47-36 at halftime, but put together a big second-half push to salvage the win. Troy Huff recorded his third straight game with 24 points or more for the Fighting Sioux, scoring a season-high 26 points on 61% shooting in 35 minutes. Aaron Anderson had seven points and added 10 assists (3 Reb 3 Stl). For the Lumberjacks, Gabe Rogers finished with a sensational 35 points (3 Ast 3 Stl) on 57% shooting. North Dakota (8-11, 5-5 Big Sky) takes on Weber State (13-5, 8-2 Big Sky) on Thursday, January 31st on their home court.
North Dakota Game Notes
- UND beat the spread by 6.5 points. That makes the 8th time this season the Fighting Sioux have beaten the spread.
- The Fighting Sioux have won 2 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, North Dakota has won 17 close games.
- The Fighting Sioux have won 100% of the time this season (4-0) after recording 81 or more total points.
- North Dakota has won 86% of the time this season (6-1) when its three-point percentage has been 38.1% or better.
- UND has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) when opponents record 26 or fewer rebounds.
- This is the 2nd win of the season where the Fighting Sioux came back after being down at halftime.
- Troy Huff recorded a team season high in points with 26 and field goals made with 11.
- Aaron Anderson tallied a team season high in assists with 10.
- Troy Huff accounted for 32.0% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Troy Huff and Mitch Wilmer) accounted for 44.8% of the rebounds.
- Troy Huff has led the team in scoring 7 times and in rebounding 7 times in 19 games this season.
- This marks the 16th 20-point game of Troy Huff's career.
- Troy Huff has 3 straight 20+ point games.
- Troy Huff had a career high with 11 field goals made.
- This game was the 1st double-digit assist game of Aaron Anderson's career.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Aaron Anderson.
- Aaron Anderson had a career high with 10 assists.
Northern Arizona Game Notes
- Northern Arizona lost and did not cover the spread.
- The Lumberjacks have lost 4 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Northern Arizona has lost 27 close games.
- Gabe Rogers recorded a team season high in points with 35 and field goals made with 13.
- Gabe Rogers accounted for 44.3% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Ephraim Ekanem and Stallon Saldivar) accounted for 42.3% of the rebounds.
- Gabe Rogers has led the team in scoring 9 times in 20 games this season.
- This marks the 17th 20-point game of Gabe Rogers's career.
- Gabe Rogers has 3 straight 20+ point games.
- Gabe Rogers set career highs with 35 points and 13 field goals made.
- Michael Dunn set a career high with a 100% three-point percentage.
- Gaellen Bewernick set a career high with a 100% field goal percentage.