On Saturday, January 26th, Columbia took on Cornell and lost a nail-biter to the Big Red 66-63 in conference play. The Lions even the season series against Cornell at 1-1 with the loss. The Lions were led by Maodo Lo, who put up a season-high 11 points and two rebounds. Cory Osetkowski had four points and added five rebounds. For the Big Red, Galal Cancer got a career-high 19 points and five rebounds. Columbia (9-7, 1-1 Ivy) gets Pennsylvania (3-15, 0-1 Ivy) on the road on Friday, February 1st.
Columbia Game Notes
- The Lions have been unlucky 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Columbia has lost 25 close games.
- Columbia has lost 83% of the time this season (1-5) after recording 63 or fewer total points.
- The Lions have lost 75% of the time this season (1-3) after having a field goal percentage of 36.1% or worse.
- When the opposition records 37 or more rebounds this season, Columbia has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition commits 11 or fewer turnovers this season, Columbia has lost 80% of the time (1-4).
- The Lions have recorded more assists than their opponents for the past 9 games.
- This is the 7th game at home this season--Columbia has a 5.0 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Brian Barbour recorded a team season high in field goals attempted with 17.
- The top two scorers (Brian Barbour and Alex Rosenberg) accounted for 44.4% of the points.
- Brian Barbour has led the team in scoring in 6 out of 16 games this season.
- Brian Barbour has 6 straight double-digit point games.
Cornell Game Notes
- The Big Red won this one, but have lost 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Cornell has lost 22 close games.
- Galal Cancer recorded a team season high in free throws made with 11 and free throws attempted with 12.
- The top two scorers (Galal Cancer and Josh Figini) accounted for 46.9% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Shonn Miller and Galal Cancer) accounted for 43.2% of the rebounds.
- The bench recorded more points (45) than the starters (21).
- Shonn Miller has led the team in rebounding 11 times in 19 games this season.
- Galal Cancer set career highs with 19 points and 11 free throws made.
- Shonn Miller recorded the 10th double-digit rebound game of his career.