North Dakota 81
(8-11, 2-8 away)
Northern Arizona 79
(7-13, 4-5 home)
Venue: Walkup Skydome
4:05PM ET / 1:05PM PT, January 26, 2013
||T Huff 18
||T Huff 7
||J Webb 3
||G Rogers 16
||G Bewernick 5
||S Saldivar 4
Northern Arizona faced off with North Dakota on Saturday, January 26th and let one slip to the Fighting Sioux 81-79 in conference play. This one looked like a win for Northern Arizona, as they led 47-36 at the half, but North Dakota turned things around in the second half and secured the victory. Gabe Rogers recorded his third straight game with 22 points or more for the Lumberjacks, scoring a ridiculous 35 points (3 Ast 3 Stl) on 57% shooting in 39 minutes. Gabe Rogers put up a remarkable 35 points (3 Ast 3 Stl) on 57% shooting in a losing effort. Stallon Saldivar had two points and added seven assists. Troy Huff got his third straight game with 24 points or more for the Fighting Sioux, scoring a season-high 26 points on 61% shooting in 35 minutes. Troy Huff got a season-high 26 points and eight rebounds for the Fighting Sioux. Northern Arizona (7-13, 4-6 Big Sky) goes to Southern Utah (7-12, 5-5 Big Sky) on Saturday, February 2nd.
Northern Arizona Game Notes
- The Lumberjacks have been unlucky 4 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Northern Arizona has lost 27 close games.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 54.5% or better this season, Northern Arizona has lost 100% of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition records 81 or more total points this season, Northern Arizona has lost 91% of the time (1-10).
- When the opposition records 16 or more assists this season, Northern Arizona has lost 89% of the time (1-8).
- The Lumberjacks set a season high for three-point percentage.
- The last time NAU had a three-point percentage of 53.8% or higher was Dec 29, 2011 against Sacramento State.
- This is the 2nd loss of the season where the Lumberjacks opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- This is the 8th game at home this season--NAU has a 0.8 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Gabe Rogers recorded a team season high in points with 35 and field goals made with 13.
- Gabe Rogers accounted for 44.3% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Ephraim Ekanem and Stallon Saldivar) accounted for 42.3% of the rebounds.
- Gabe Rogers has led the team in scoring in 9 out of 20 games this season.
- This marks the 17th 20-point game of Gabe Rogers's career.
- Gabe Rogers has 3 straight 20+ point games.
- Gabe Rogers had career highs with 35 points and 13 field goals made.
- Michael Dunn had a career high with a 100% three-point percentage.
- Gaellen Bewernick had a career high with a 100% field goal percentage.
North Dakota Game Notes
- The Fighting Sioux won this one, but have lost 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, North Dakota has lost 11 close games.
- Troy Huff recorded a team season high in points with 26 and field goals made with 11.
- Aaron Anderson tallied a team season high in assists with 10.
- Troy Huff accounted for 32.0% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Troy Huff and Mitch Wilmer) accounted for 44.8% of the rebounds.
- Troy Huff has led the team in scoring 7 times and in rebounding 7 times in 19 games this season.
- This marks the 16th 20-point game of Troy Huff's career.
- Troy Huff has 3 straight 20+ point games.
- Troy Huff set a career high with 11 field goals made.
- This game was the 1st double-digit assist game of Aaron Anderson's career.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Aaron Anderson.
- Aaron Anderson set a career high with 10 assists.