Utah Valley 54
(9-12, 4-8 away)
Chicago State 62
(7-15, 6-3 home)
Venue: Jones Convocation Center
4:30PM ET / 1:30PM PT, January 26, 2013
||N Thompson 13
||N Thompson 13
||H Hunsaker 3
||M Ross 12
||Q Pippen 10
||J Dismukes 7
On Saturday, Jan. 26, Utah Valley University took on Chicago State and took a home loss to the Cougars 62-54 in conference play. Nick Thompson got a game-high 13 points and 13 rebounds for the Wolverines, earning a double-double. Holton Hunsaker had nine points and added four rebounds. For the Cougars, Jamere Dismukes got 10 points (7 Ast 4 Stl). The next game will be on Monday, Jan. 28 when Utah Valley University (9-11, 1-3 Great West) hosts Peru State (NE).
Utah Valley University Game Notes
- The last time UVU started the season 9-12 was 2009.
- Utah Valley University has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-6) after recording 54 or fewer total points.
- The Wolverines have lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-4) after having a field goal percentage of 38.9 percent or worse.
- Utah Valley University has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-4) after committing 17 or more turnovers.
- UVU set season lows for blocks (zero) and free throws made (six).
- The Wolverines have outshot their opponents in three-point percentage for the past four games.
- The top two scorers (Nick Thompson and Jason Johnson) accounted for 44.4 percent of the points.
- Nick Thompson accounted for 34.2 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Nick Thompson has led the team in scoring five times and in rebounding 8 times in 21 games this season.
- Nick Thompson recorded the seventh double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Nick Thompson recorded a double-double. It was the fifth of his career.
- Nick Thompson had a career high with 10 defensive rebounds.
- Jason Johnson has four straight double-digit point games.
Chicago State Game Notes
- Quinton Pippen accounted for 31.2 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Matt Ross has led the team in scoring five times in 22 games this season.
- Quinton Pippen has led the team in rebounding three times in 22 games this season.
- Quinton Pippen recorded the second double-digit rebound game of his career.
- This was the sixth foul out of the season for Jeremy Robinson.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Markus Starks.