Southern Miss 62
(17-4, 8-4 away)
(12-9, 8-2 home)
Venue: Reynolds Center
4:05PM ET / 1:05PM PT, January 26, 2013
||D Davis 13
||J Mills 6
||N Watson 5
||R Smith 14
||J Woodard 5
||S Harrison 2
Southern Miss got by Tulsa 62-59 in C-USA play on Saturday, January 26th. Jonathan Mills led the Golden Eagles and put up nine points and 11 rebounds. Dwayne Davis scored 11 points and added seven rebounds. James Woodard finished with 13 points and seven rebounds for the Golden Hurricane. Southern Miss (16-4, 6-0 C-USA) takes on UAB (8-12, 0-5 C-USA) on Saturday, February 2nd on the road.
Southern Miss Game Notes
- The win over Tulsa extended the Southern Miss winning streak to 9 games.
- The Golden Eagles have won 6 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, Southern Miss has won 29 close games.
- The Golden Eagles have won 89% of the time this season (8-1) after recording 7 or more three-pointers.
- Southern Miss has won 81% of the time this season (17-4) after committing 16 or fewer turnovers.
- USM has won 100% of the time this season (5-0) when opponents record 16 or fewer field goals made.
- USM has won 100% of the time this season (9-0) after holding an opponent to under 34.8% field goal percentage.
- This season Southern Miss has won 92% of the time (12-1) when Dwayne Davis has 11 points or more, 92% of the time (11-1) when Jerrold Brooks has 4 field goals made or more, and 93% of the time (13-1) when Neil Watson has 4 assists or more.
- The Golden Eagles have outshot their opponents in field goal percentage for the past 9 games.
- Southern Miss has recorded fewer blocks than their opponents for the past 5 games.
- Jonathan Mills recorded a team season high in free throws attempted with 10.
- The top two rebounders (Jonathan Mills and Dwayne Davis) accounted for 40.9% of the rebounds.
- Jerrold Brooks has led the team in scoring in 8 out of 21 games this season.
- Jonathan Mills has led the team in rebounding in 8 out of 21 games this season.
- Dwayne Davis has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Jonathan Mills recorded the 10th double-digit rebound game of his career.
Tulsa Game Notes
- The Golden Hurricane have lost 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Tulsa has lost 26 close games.
- The top two scorers (Patrick Swilling Jr. and James Woodard) accounted for 45.7% of the points.
- Patrick Swilling Jr. has led the team in scoring 4 times in 21 games this season.
- James Woodard has led the team in rebounding 8 times in 21 games this season.
- Scottie Haralson has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- James Woodard has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Kauri Black set a career high with a 100% field goal percentage.
- Patrick Swilling Jr. has 3 straight double-digit point games.
|B||P. Swilling Jr.||23||14||2||0||0||0||0|