(11-11, 3-10 away)
USC Upstate 79
(11-10, 6-2 home)
Venue: G.B. Hodge Center
5:00PM ET / 2:00PM PT, January 26, 2013
||K McDougald 12
||G Powell 7
||R Powell 4
||T Craig 16
||R Glenn 8
||T Greene 2
On Saturday, January 26th, USC Upstate easily knocked off Jacksonville 79-64 in Atlantic Sun play. The first half was competitive, with USC Upstate holding a 38-34 lead, but then the game got out of hand in the second half. Ty Greene had an impressive game for the Spartans and put up a career-high 24 points and five rebounds. Jodd Maxey also had an excellent game, scoring 11 points and adding seven rebounds. For the Dolphins, Glenn Powell got a team-high 12 points and five rebounds. USC Upstate (11-10, 5-3 Atlantic Sun) hosts East Tennessee State (6-15, 4-4 Atlantic Sun) on Monday, January 28th.
USC Upstate Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 3:36 left to go.
- The Spartans have won 100% of the time this season (5-0) after recording 79 or more total points.
- USC Upstate has won 86% of the time this season (6-1) when its field goal percentage has been 46.7% or better.
- USC Upstate has won 100% of the time this season (9-0) when opponents record 64 or fewer total points.
- USC Upstate has won 100% of the time this season (7-0) after holding an opponent to under 40.3% field goal percentage.
- The Spartans have recorded more three-pointers than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- Ty Greene accounted for 30.3% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Torrey Craig and Ricardo Glenn) accounted for 48.7% of the rebounds.
- Ty Greene has led the team in scoring in 4 out of 21 games this season.
- Torrey Craig has led the team in rebounding in 4 out of 21 games this season.
- This marks the 8th 20-point game of Ty Greene's career.
- Ty Greene had a career high with 24 points.
- Torrey Craig recorded the 17th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Torrey Craig has 7 straight double-digit point games.
- Torrey Craig recorded a double-double. It was his 4th this season and 17th of his career.
Jacksonville Game Notes
- Glenn Powell has led the team in scoring 4 times in 22 games this season.
- Kordario Fleming has led the team in rebounding 3 times in 22 games this season.
- Keith McDougald has 6 straight double-digit point games.