UC Irvine 59
(10-11, 3-10 away)
Long Beach State 81
(11-8, 6-2 home)
Venue: The Walter Pyramid
7:05PM ET / 4:05PM PT, January 26, 2013
|Long Beach State
||D Starring 13
||W Davis II 6
||A Young 4
|Long Beach State
||J Ennis 17
||J Ennis 6
||M Caffey 4
On Saturday, January 26th, Long Beach State took on UC Irvine and pounded the Anteaters 81-59 in Big West action. The game looked like it would be close until the end as Long Beach State only led by five at the half, but they pulled away in the second half and ended up winning big. James Ennis was exceptional for the 49ers and put up a team-high 17 points, shooting 5 of 8 from three-point range. Peter Pappageorge had 11 points and added four rebounds. Will Davis II registered a double-double for the Anteaters on a season-high 18 points and 12 rebounds. Long Beach State (11-8, 7-1 Big West) takes on UC-Santa Barbara (7-12, 3-5 Big West) on Wednesday, January 30th on their home court.
Long Beach State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 1:41 left to go.
- Long Beach State started 11-8 during the 2010 and 2000 seasons (since 1996).
- The win over UC Irvine extended the Long Beach State winning streak to 6 games.
- LBSU beat the spread by 17.5 points. That makes the 7th time this season the 49ers have beaten the spread.
- The 49ers have won 100% of the time this season (4-0) after recording 81 or more total points.
- LBSU has won 83% of the time this season (5-1) when opponents record 4 or fewer steals.
- This season Long Beach State has won 80% of the time (4-1) when Keala King has 10 points or more and 71% of the time (5-2) when Michael Caffey has 5 rebounds or more.
- The 49ers set season highs for field goal percentage and three-point percentage.
- The last time LBSU had a three-point percentage of 57.9% or higher was Jan 19, 2012 against Cal Poly.
- The 49ers have recorded more free throws made than their opponents for the past 5 games.
- This is the 8th game at home this season--LBSU has a 5.8 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- James Ennis has led the team in scoring in 9 out of 19 games this season.
- Dan Jennings has led the team in rebounding in 8 out of 19 games this season.
- Keala King has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- James Ennis has 19 straight double-digit point games.
- James Ennis had a career high with 5 three-pointers.
UC Irvine Game Notes
- UC Irvine lost and did not cover the spread.
- This was the 2nd blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, UCI has been on the losing end of 11 blowout games.
- Will Davis II accounted for 30.5% of the team's points.
- Will Davis II accounted for 38.7% of the team's rebounds.
- Will Davis II has led the team in rebounding 6 times in 21 games this season.
- Will Davis II recorded the 6th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Will Davis II recorded a double-double. It was his 1st this season and 3rd of his career.
- Will Davis II set a career high with 6 offensive rebounds.
|A||Will Davis II||35||18||12||0||2||1||2|