On an afternoon when the Hawks scored 30 points from behind the arc, Xavier stumbled against St. Joseph's (PA) 59-49 in conference play. Justin Martin put up eight points plus five rebounds in the loss. Semaj Christon scored 16 points and added four rebounds. For the Hawks, Halil Kanacevic finished with 15 points and eight rebounds (6 Ast 4 Blk). Next up for Xavier (11-8, 4-2 A-10) is Dayton (12-7, 2-3 A-10) on Wednesday, January 30th on their home court.
Xavier Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:20 left to go.
- The last time XU started the season 11-8 was 2004.
- Xavier has lost 100% of the time this season (0-3) after recording 49 or fewer total points.
- When the opposition records 9 or more blocks this season, Xavier has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 41.7% or better this season, Xavier has lost 75% of the time (1-3).
- XU set season lows for three-pointers and three-point percentage.
- The Musketeers have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past 9 games.
- Xavier has been outshot by their opponents in free throw percentage for the past 6 games.
- Semaj Christon recorded a team season high in field goals attempted with 21.
- Semaj Christon accounted for 32.6% of the team's points.
- Semaj Christon has led the team in scoring in 11 out of 19 games this season.
- Semaj Christon has 7 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Travis Taylor.
- Jeff Robinson recorded the 1st double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Jeff Robinson had a career high with 10 rebounds.
St. Joseph's (PA) Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Halil Kanacevic and Carl Jones) accounted for 50.8% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (C.J. Aiken and Halil Kanacevic) accounted for 52.9% of the rebounds.
- C.J. Aiken has led the team in rebounding 4 times in 18 games this season.
- C.J. Aiken recorded the 2nd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- C.J. Aiken set career highs with 10 rebounds and 9 defensive rebounds.