(11-8, 4-5 away)
Saint Joseph's 59
(11-7, 7-4 home)
Venue: Hagan Arena
6:00PM ET / 3:00PM PT, January 26, 2013
||S Christon 14
||T Taylor 8
||S Christon 4
||C Jones 14
||R Roberts Jr. 8
||C Wilson 3
St. Joseph's (PA) defeated Xavier 59-49 in A-10 play on an afternoon when they scored 30 points from behind the arc. The Hawks were led by Halil Kanacevic, who put up a team-high 15 points plus eight rebounds (6 Ast 4 Blk). C.J. Aiken had six points and added 10 rebounds (4 Blk 3 Stl). For the Musketeers, Justin Martin got eight points and five rebounds. St. Joseph's (PA) (11-7, 2-3 A-10) goes to Fordham (6-14, 2-3 A-10) on Wednesday, January 30th.
St. Joseph's (PA) Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:20 left to go.
- St. Joseph's (PA) started 11-7 during the 2008 and 2006 seasons (since 1996).
- StJoe beat the spread by 4.5 points. That makes the 8th time this season the Hawks have beaten the spread.
- St. Joseph's (PA) has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) when its three-point percentage has been 41.7% or better.
- The Hawks have won 83% of the time this season (5-1) after recording 9 or more blocks.
- St. Joseph's (PA) has won 75% of the time this season (6-2) after committing 10 or fewer turnovers.
- StJoe has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) when opponents record 21 or fewer field goals made.
- This season St. Joseph's (PA) has won 80% of the time (8-2) when Carl Jones has 15 points or more, 75% of the time (9-3) when Langston Galloway has 5 field goals made or more, and 100% of the time (5-0) when Halil Kanacevic has 8 rebounds or more.
- This is the 8th game at home this season--StJoe has a 7.6 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Carl Jones and Halil Kanacevic) accounted for 50.8% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (C.J. Aiken and Halil Kanacevic) accounted for 52.9% of the rebounds.
- Carl Jones has led the team in scoring in 5 out of 18 games this season.
- C.J. Aiken has led the team in rebounding in 4 out of 18 games this season.
- C.J. Aiken recorded the 2nd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- C.J. Aiken had career highs with 10 rebounds and 9 defensive rebounds.
Xavier Game Notes
- Xavier lost and did not cover the spread.
- Semaj Christon recorded a team season high in field goals attempted with 21.
- Semaj Christon accounted for 32.6% of the team's points.
- Semaj Christon has led the team in scoring 11 times in 19 games this season.
- Semaj Christon has 7 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Travis Taylor.
- Jeff Robinson recorded the 1st double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Jeff Robinson set a career high with 10 rebounds.
|B-||R. Roberts Jr.||18||4||5||0||0||0||1|