(6-16, 3-12 away)
Venue: Swinney Recreation Center
6:15PM ET / 3:15PM PT, January 26, 2013
||J Simmons 14
||A Welhouse 4
||C Carter 2
||E Tyler 11
||F Chatmon 7
||E Tyler 3
Missouri-Kansas City faced off with Nebraska-Omaha on Saturday, January 26th and lost at home against the Mavericks 67-59 in conference play. Missouri-Kansas City was up 41-30 at the half, but blew the lead in the second half as Nebraska-Omaha came back to win it. With the loss, the Kangaroos remain winless versus AP-Ranked teams at 0-3 for the season. Brad Reid earned a double-double for the Kangaroos including a season-high 12 points and 13 rebounds. Trinity Hall had eight points and added four rebounds. Justin Simmons finished with a game-high 21 points and five rebounds for the Mavericks. Missouri-Kansas City (6-16, 3-6 Summit League) travels to North Dakota State (16-5, 7-2 Summit League) on Thursday, January 31st.
Missouri-Kansas City Game Notes
- Missouri-Kansas City started 6-16 during the 2008 and 2002 seasons (since 1996).
- Missouri-Kansas City has lost 100% of the time this season (0-7) after recording 59 or fewer total points.
- The Kangaroos have lost 100% of the time this season (0-10) after having a field goal percentage of 41.3% or worse.
- Missouri-Kansas City has lost 100% of the time this season (0-5) after committing 19 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition records 12 or more steals this season, Missouri-Kansas City has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition records 14 or more free throws made this season, Missouri-Kansas City has lost 83% of the time (2-10).
- Missouri-Kansas City has recorded fewer steals than their opponents for the past 7 games.
- This is the 3rd loss of the season where the Kangaroos opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- This is the 8th game at home this season--UMKC has a 1.4 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Estan Tyler recorded a team season high in steals with 4.
- The top two scorers (Thomas Staton and Brad Reid) accounted for 40.6% of the points.
- Brad Reid accounted for 34.2% of the team's rebounds.
- Thomas Staton has led the team in scoring in 6 out of 22 games this season.
- Brad Reid has led the team in rebounding in 4 out of 22 games this season.
- Estan Tyler had a career high with 4 steals.
- Thomas Staton has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Brad Reid recorded the 1st double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Brad Reid recorded a double-double. It was the 1st of his career.
- Nate Rogers had a career high with 5 assists.
Nebraska-Omaha Game Notes
- Justin Simmons accounted for 31.3% of the team's points.
- Justin Simmons has led the team in scoring 12 times in 22 games this season.
- C.J. Carter has led the team in rebounding 3 times in 22 games this season.
- John Karhoff has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- C.J. Carter has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 5th 20-point game of Justin Simmons's career.
- Justin Simmons has 10 straight double-digit point games.