On a day when the Bears scored 30 points from beyond the three-point line, Lamar was destroyed by Central Arkansas 88-59 in conference play. Lamar was never really in this one, as they trailed 52-29 at halftime and couldn't get back into it. The Cardinals were led by Stanford Brown, who got seven points and four rebounds. Brennan Doty had 10 points and added two rebounds. For the Bears, Anthony Borden finished with seven points and eight rebounds. This makes three losses in a row for the Cardinals. Lamar (2-18, 0-8 SLC) gets Northwestern State (12-6, 6-2 SLC) at home on Thursday, January 31st.
Lamar Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 13:45 left to go.
- Lamar has lost 100% of the time this season (0-5) after recording 18 or fewer field goals made.
- The Cardinals have lost 100% of the time this season (0-3) after having a field goal percentage of 32.1% or worse.
- Lamar has lost 100% of the time this season (0-4) after committing 25 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition records 88 or more total points this season, Lamar has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition records 10 or more three-pointers this season, Lamar has lost 100% of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition records 47 or more rebounds this season, Lamar has lost 100% of the time (0-4).
- The Cardinals set season highs for blocks and free throws made.
- Our 9 blocks is the 18th best among all NCAA games this season.
- The last time Lamar recorded at least 9 blocks was Mar 03, 2012 against McNeese State.
- The Cardinals have turned the ball over more than their opponents in the past 5 games.
- Lamar has recorded fewer three-pointers than their opponents for the past 20 games.
- Amos Wilson has led the team in rebounding in 3 out of 20 games this season.
- Donley Minor had career highs with 7 rebounds and 7 defensive rebounds.
Central Arkansas Game Notes
- DeShone McClure recorded a team season high in steals with 6.
- Anthony Borden tallied a team season high in blocks with 6.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (22) than the starters (21).
- The bench recorded more points (48) than the starters (40).
- LaQuentin Miles has led the team in scoring 5 times in 18 games this season.
- LaQuentin Miles has 6 straight double-digit point games.