(13-5, 3-4 away)
(3) Kansas 67
(18-1, 14-1 home)
Venue: Allen Fieldhouse
4:00PM ET / 1:00PM PT, January 26, 2013
||R Osby 14
||R Osby 6
||S Grooms 2
||B McLemore 16
||J Withey 8
||E Johnson 4
On Saturday, January 26th, Oklahoma took on No. 3 Kansas and was clipped by the Jayhawks 67-54 in conference play. The Sooners remain winless versus AP-Ranked teams at 0-3 for the season. The Sooners got four points and eight rebounds from Andrew Fitzgerald. Romero Osby had 12 points and added six rebounds. Jeff Withey got 13 points and nine rebounds (4 Blk 3 Stl) for the Jayhawks. The next game will be on Wednesday, January 30th when Oklahoma (13-5, 4-2 Big 12) heads to Baylor (14-5, 5-1 Big 12).
Oklahoma Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:47 left to go.
- Oklahoma started 13-5 during the 2007, 1998, and 1997 seasons (since 1996).
- OU beat the spread by 0.5 points. That makes the 10th time this season the Sooners have beaten the spread.
- Prior to this game, OU played 42 Top 25 opponents in the last 5 seasons with a record of 10-32.
- Oklahoma has lost 75% of the time this season (1-3) after recording 31 or fewer rebounds.
- When the opposition records 15 or more assists this season, Oklahoma has lost 80% of the time (1-4).
- Oklahoma has recorded fewer three-pointers than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- The top two scorers (Amath M`Baye and Romero Osby) accounted for 44.4% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Andrew Fitzgerald and Amath M`Baye) accounted for 48.3% of the rebounds.
- Amath M`Baye has led the team in scoring in 4 out of 18 games this season.
- Romero Osby has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- Amath M`Baye has 3 straight double-digit point games.
Kansas Game Notes
- Kansas won, but did not cover the spread.
- The top two scorers (Ben McLemore and Jeff Withey) accounted for 46.2% of the points.
- Ben McLemore has led the team in scoring 9 times in 19 games this season.
- Jeff Withey has led the team in rebounding 12 times in 19 games this season.
- Travis Releford has 16 straight double-digit point games.
- Ben McLemore has 7 straight double-digit point games.
- Jeff Withey has 3 straight double-digit point games.