(5-16, 1-11 away)
SIU Edwardsville 62
(7-11, 6-3 home)
Venue: Vadalabene Center
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, January 26, 2013
||M Taylor 16
||M Taylor 7
||T Smith 2
||J Jones 15
||M Yelovich 5
||K Davis 3
Tennessee-Martin squared off with SIU Edwardsville on Saturday, January 26th and edged the Cougars 65-62 in OVC play. The Skyhawks got a double-double out of Myles Taylor with 12 points and 14 rebounds. Jeremy Washington also had a good outing, scoring 15 points and adding five rebounds. For the Cougars, Michael Messer finished with nine points and six rebounds. Next up for Tennessee-Martin (5-16, 2-7 OVC) is Eastern Kentucky (16-5, 6-2 OVC) on Thursday, January 31st on their home court.
Tennessee-Martin Game Notes
- The last time UTM started the season 5-16 was 2006.
- UTM beat the spread by 9.5 points. That makes the 7th time this season the Skyhawks have beaten the spread.
- The Skyhawks have won 3 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, Tennessee-Martin has won 18 close games.
- UTM has won 80% of the time this season (4-1) after holding an opponent to under 40.0% field goal percentage.
- The Skyhawks set a season high for three-point percentage.
- The last time UTM had a three-point percentage of 55.6% or higher was Feb 10, 2011 against Jacksonville State.
- Myles Taylor recorded a team season high in rebounds with 14 and free throws attempted with 12.
- The top two scorers (Mike Liabo and Jeremy Washington) accounted for 47.6% of the points.
- Myles Taylor accounted for 40.0% of the team's rebounds.
- Mike Liabo has led the team in scoring in 7 out of 21 games this season.
- Myles Taylor has led the team in rebounding in 15 out of 21 games this season.
- Myles Taylor recorded the 9th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Myles Taylor has 16 straight double-digit point games.
- Myles Taylor recorded a double-double. It was his 5th this season and 9th of his career.
- Myles Taylor had career highs with 14 rebounds and 9 defensive rebounds.
- Jeremy Washington had a career high with 6 field goals made.
- Terence Smith had a career high with a 100% three-point percentage.
SIU Edwardsville Game Notes
- SIU Edwardsville lost and did not cover the spread.
- The Cougars have lost 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, SIU Edwardsville has lost 10 close games.
- The top two scorers (Mark Yelovich and Jerome Jones) accounted for 46.7% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Mark Yelovich and Michael Messer) accounted for 46.4% of the rebounds.
- Mark Yelovich has led the team in scoring 3 times and in rebounding 7 times in 18 games this season.
- Jerome Jones has 7 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Derian Shaffer.
- Mark Yelovich has 3 straight double-digit point games.