Tennessee State 69
(12-10, 4-9 away)
Morehead State 78
(11-11, 8-3 home)
Venue: Ellis T. Johnson Arena
7:30PM ET / 4:30PM PT, January 26, 2013
||R Covington 17
||K Thornton 7
||P Miller 5
||M Chavis 11
||C Posthumus 6
||D Atkinson 5
Morehead State knocked off Tennessee State 78-69 in OVC action on Saturday, January 26th. Angelo Warner played brilliantly for the Eagles and got a career-high 24 points and six rebounds. Taariq Muhammad had two points and added three rebounds. For the Tigers, Patrick Miller finished with a team-high 19 points. Next up for Morehead State (11-11, 5-3 OVC) is Belmont (17-4, 8-0 OVC) on Thursday, January 31st on the road.
Morehead State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:07 left to go.
- Morehead State started 11-11 during the 2011 and 2000 seasons (since 1996).
- MSU beat the spread by 5.0 points. That makes the 9th time this season the Eagles have beaten the spread.
- Morehead State has won 86% of the time this season (6-1) when its field goal percentage has been 48.0% or better.
- The Eagles have won 83% of the time this season (5-1) after recording 78 or more total points.
- This season Morehead State has won 71% of the time (5-2) when Drew Kelly has 4 free throws made or more, 71% of the time (5-2) when Angelo Warner has 6 rebounds or more, and 73% of the time (8-3) when Devon Atkinson has 5 assists or more.
- The Eagles set a season high for free throws made.
- The last time MSU recorded at least 28 free throws made was Feb 07, 2009 against Tennessee Tech.
- The Eagles have outshot their opponents in free throw percentage for the past 4 games.
- This is the 1st win of the season where the Eagles came back after being down at halftime.
- This is the 11th game at home this season--MSU has a 9.5 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Angelo Warner recorded a team season high in free throws made with 16 and free throws attempted with 18.
- Angelo Warner accounted for 30.7% of the team's points.
- Angelo Warner has led the team in scoring 4 times and in rebounding 3 times in 22 games this season.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Drew Kelly.
- This marks the 1st 20-point game of Angelo Warner's career.
- Angelo Warner had career highs with 24 points and 16 free throws made.
- Bakari Turner has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Kahlil Owens.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Bruce Reed.
Tennessee State Game Notes
- Tennessee State lost and did not cover the spread.
- This loss extended the Tigers losing streak to 3 games.
- The top two scorers (Patrick Miller and Kellen Thornton) accounted for 53.6% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (M.J. Rhett and Kellen Thornton) accounted for 48.0% of the rebounds.
- Patrick Miller has led the team in scoring 7 times in 22 games this season.
- M.J. Rhett has led the team in rebounding 9 times in 22 games this season.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Patrick Miller.
- Jordan Cyphers has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Jordan Gaither.