Murray State 64
(15-5, 8-2 away)
Jacksonville State 65
(14-7, 7-3 home)
Venue: Pete Mathews Coliseum
5:30PM ET / 2:30PM PT, January 26, 2013
||I Canaan 21
||E Daniel 11
||I Canaan 4
||T Gaines 14
||R Boggs 5
||B Williams 4
Murray State suffered a heartbreaking loss against Jacksonville State 65-64 in conference play on Saturday, January 26th. Ed Daniel secured a double-double in a losing effort with 10 points and 17 rebounds. Isaiah Canaan had a game-high 20 points and added four rebounds. For the Gamecocks, Tarvin Gaines finished with 13 points and eight rebounds. Murray State (15-5, 6-2 OVC) takes on Austin Peay (5-17, 1-7 OVC) on Saturday, February 2nd on their home court.
Murray State Game Notes
- The last time Murray State started the season 15-5 was 2005.
- The Racers have been unlucky 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Murray State has lost 19 close games.
- The Racers have outshot their opponents in field goal percentage for the past 5 games.
- Isaiah Canaan accounted for 31.2% of the team's points.
- Ed Daniel accounted for 42.5% of the team's rebounds.
- Isaiah Canaan has led the team in scoring in 17 out of 20 games this season.
- Ed Daniel has led the team in rebounding in 17 out of 20 games this season.
- This marks the 30th 20-point game of Isaiah Canaan's career.
- Isaiah Canaan has 20 straight double-digit point games.
- Ed Daniel recorded the 17th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Ed Daniel has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- Ed Daniel recorded a double-double. It was his 12th this season and 13th of his career.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Stacy Wilson.
Jacksonville State Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Brian Williams and Tarvin Gaines) accounted for 46.1% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Tarvin Gaines and Nick Cook) accounted for 42.8% of the rebounds.
- Brian Williams has led the team in scoring 6 times in 21 games this season.
- Tarvin Gaines has led the team in rebounding 6 times in 21 games this season.
- Brian Williams has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- Tarvin Gaines has 7 straight double-digit point games.
- Ronnie Boggs has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Ronnie Boggs set career highs with 3 three-pointers and a 100% three-point percentage.