Murray State 64
(15-5, 8-2 away)
Jacksonville State 65
(14-7, 7-3 home)
Venue: Pete Mathews Coliseum
5:30PM ET / 2:30PM PT, January 26, 2013
||I Canaan 21
||E Daniel 11
||I Canaan 4
||T Gaines 14
||R Boggs 5
||B Williams 4
Jacksonville State escaped Murray State 65-64 in OVC action on Saturday, January 26th. The Gamecocks got the win with 13 points and eight rebounds from Tarvin Gaines. Brian Williams also had a solid game, scoring a team-high 17 points and adding five assists. Ed Daniel registered a double-double for the Racers with 10 points and 17 rebounds. Jacksonville State (14-7, 6-4 OVC) hosts Morehead State (11-11, 5-3 OVC) on Saturday, February 2nd.
Jacksonville State Game Notes
- JSU beat the spread by 4.0 points. That makes the 7th time this season the Gamecocks have beaten the spread.
- The Gamecocks have won 5 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, Jacksonville State has won 19 close games.
- The Gamecocks have won 100% of the time this season (8-0) after recording 65 or more total points.
- Jacksonville State has won 100% of the time this season (8-0) when its three-point percentage has been 35.7% or better.
- JSU has won 100% of the time this season (7-0) when opponents record 9 or fewer assists.
- This season Jacksonville State has won 71% of the time (10-4) when Tarvin Gaines has 13 points or more, 73% of the time (11-4) when Ronnie Boggs has 4 field goals made or more, and 86% of the time (6-1) when Nick Cook has 7 rebounds or more.
- Jacksonville State has turned the ball over less than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- This is the 10th game at home this season--JSU has a 6.8 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Brian Williams and Tarvin Gaines) accounted for 46.1% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Tarvin Gaines and Nick Cook) accounted for 42.8% of the rebounds.
- Brian Williams has led the team in scoring in 6 out of 21 games this season.
- Tarvin Gaines has led the team in rebounding in 6 out of 21 games this season.
- Brian Williams has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- Tarvin Gaines has 7 straight double-digit point games.
- Ronnie Boggs has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Ronnie Boggs had career highs with 3 three-pointers and a 100% three-point percentage.
Murray State Game Notes
- Murray State lost and did not cover the spread.
- The Racers have lost 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Murray State has lost 19 close games.
- Isaiah Canaan accounted for 31.2% of the team's points.
- Ed Daniel accounted for 42.5% of the team's rebounds.
- Isaiah Canaan has led the team in scoring 17 times in 20 games this season.
- Ed Daniel has led the team in rebounding 17 times in 20 games this season.
- This marks the 30th 20-point game of Isaiah Canaan's career.
- Isaiah Canaan has 20 straight double-digit point games.
- Ed Daniel recorded the 17th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Ed Daniel has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- Ed Daniel recorded a double-double. It was his 12th this season and 13th of his career.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Stacy Wilson.