Southeast MO State 72
(11-12, 4-9 away)
Eastern Illinois 78
(6-16, 5-7 home)
Venue: Lantz Arena
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, January 26, 2013
|Southeast MO State
|Southeast MO State
||T Stone 16
||N Johnson 8
||L Nutt 4
||S Blanford 10
||S Blanford 6
||A Akers 4
Eastern Illinois came out on top against Southeast Missouri State 78-72 in overtime on Saturday, January 26th. Sherman Blanford secured a double-double for the Panthers with a season-high 21 points and 16 rebounds. Austin Akers had a career-high 12 points. Tyler Stone got a double-double for the Redhawks on 13 points and 12 rebounds (4 Blk 3 Ast). Eastern Illinois (6-16, 3-6 OVC) gets SIU Edwardsville (7-11, 3-5 OVC) on the road on Saturday, February 2nd.
Eastern Illinois Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 1st OT with 0:06 left to go.
- The last time EIU started the season 6-16 was 2006.
- The win over Southeast Missouri State extended the Eastern Illinois winning streak to 3 games.
- EIU beat the spread by 5.0 points. That makes the 7th time this season the Panthers have beaten the spread.
- Eastern Illinois has played in 1 overtime game this season. Over the last 5 seasons, the Panthers have played in 9 overtime games with a record of 6-3.
- The Panthers have won 2 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, Eastern Illinois has won 23 close games.
- This season Eastern Illinois has won 100% of the time (4-0) when Malcolm Herron has 11 points or more.
- The Panthers set season highs for blocks, free throws made, rebounds, and total points.
- The last time EIU recorded at least 50 rebounds was Dec 07, 2004 against Benedictine.
- EIU set a season low for steals.
- Eastern Illinois has recorded fewer three-pointers than their opponents for the past 6 games.
- This is the 10th game at home this season--EIU has a -0.8 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Sherman Blanford recorded a team season high in rebounds with 16, offensive rebounds with 9, and free throws attempted with 11.
- The top two scorers (Sherman Blanford and Josh Piper) accounted for 43.5% of the points.
- Sherman Blanford accounted for 32.0% of the team's rebounds.
- Sherman Blanford has led the team in scoring 9 times and in rebounding 12 times in 22 games this season.
- Austin Akers had a career high with 12 points.
- Josh Piper has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 1st 20-point game of Sherman Blanford's career.
- Sherman Blanford has 7 straight double-digit point games.
- Sherman Blanford recorded a double-double. It was the 2nd of his career.
Southeast Missouri State Game Notes
- Southeast Missouri State lost and did not cover the spread.
- The Redhawks have lost 5 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Southeast Missouri State has lost 29 close games.
- The top two scorers (Corey Wilford and Marland Smith) accounted for 47.2% of the points.
- Tyler Stone accounted for 35.2% of the team's rebounds.
- Corey Wilford has led the team in scoring 10 times in 23 games this season.
- Tyler Stone has led the team in rebounding 11 times in 23 games this season.
- Tyler Stone recorded the 12th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Tyler Stone has 7 straight double-digit point games.
- Tyler Stone recorded a double-double. It was his 6th this season and 12th of his career.
- Tyler Stone set a career high with 4 blocks.
- This marks the 4th 20-point game of Corey Wilford's career.
- Corey Wilford has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Corey Wilford.
- Corey Wilford set a career high with 8 field goals made.