Navy got beat at home by Colgate 70-56 in conference play on Saturday, January 26th. The Midshipmen got a team-high 13 points and eight rebounds from Worth Smith. Brennan Wyatt had seven points and added four rebounds. For the Raiders, Murphy Burnatowski got a game-high 29 points and three rebounds. Next up for Navy (7-13, 1-4 Patriot) is Lehigh (12-4, 3-0 Patriot) on Wednesday, January 30th on their home court.
Navy Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 5:54 left to go.
- Navy has lost 100% of the time this season (0-3) after recording 17 or fewer field goals made.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 50.0% or better this season, Navy has lost 100% of the time (0-6).
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 36.8% or better this season, Navy has lost 89% of the time (1-8).
- When the opposition records 5 or more blocks this season, Navy has lost 83% of the time (1-5).
- Navy set a season low for assists.
- Navy has been outshot by their opponents in free throw percentage for the past 5 games.
- This is the 9th game at home this season--Navy has a 1.3 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Worth Smith and Brandon Venturini) accounted for 42.8% of the points.
- Worth Smith has led the team in scoring 6 times and in rebounding 15 times in 21 games this season.
Colgate Game Notes
- Murphy Burnatowski accounted for 41.4% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Matt McMullen and Luke Roh) accounted for 48.6% of the rebounds.
- Murphy Burnatowski has led the team in scoring 15 times in 21 games this season.
- Matt McMullen has led the team in rebounding 3 times in 21 games this season.
- This marks the 10th 20-point game of Murphy Burnatowski's career.
- Matt McMullen recorded the 1st double-digit rebound game of his career.
- This was the 3rd foul out of the season for Brandon James.