(13-8, 3-6 away)
Loyola (IL) 63
(12-8, 6-4 home)
Venue: Joseph J. Gentile Arena
4:00PM ET / 1:00PM PT, January 26, 2013
||R McCallum 18
||N Minnerath 5
||R McCallum 4
||B Averkamp 15
||B Averkamp 6
||C Payne 4
On Saturday, January 26th, Loyola (Chicago) took on Detroit and took a home loss to the Titans 75-63 in conference play. Christian Thomas earned a double-double in a losing effort with a game-high 18 points and 11 rebounds. Ben Averkamp had 13 points and added seven rebounds. For the Titans, Ray McCallum got a team-high 17 points and six rebounds. Next up for Loyola (Chicago) (12-8, 2-5 Horizon) is Milwaukee (5-16, 1-6 Horizon) on Wednesday, January 30th on their home court.
Loyola (Chicago) Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:36 left to go.
- Loyola (Chicago) started 12-8 during the 2010, 2009, 2005, 2001, and 1999 seasons (since 1996).
- When the opposition records 15 or more free throws made this season, Loyola (Chicago) has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 50.0% or better this season, Loyola (Chicago) has lost 75% of the time (1-3).
- The Ramblers have turned the ball over more than their opponents in the past 4 games.
- Loyola (Chicago) has recorded fewer blocks than their opponents for the past 7 games.
- This is the 4th loss of the season where the Ramblers opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- This is the 8th game at home this season--LCU has a 7.2 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Christian Thomas and Cully Payne) accounted for 52.3% of the points.
- Christian Thomas accounted for 35.4% of the team's rebounds.
- Christian Thomas has led the team in scoring 3 times and in rebounding 8 times in 20 games this season.
- Christian Thomas recorded the 5th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Christian Thomas has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- Christian Thomas recorded a double-double. It was the 4th of his career.
- Ben Averkamp has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Jordan Hicks.
Detroit Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Ray McCallum and Juwan Howard Jr.) accounted for 45.3% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Nick Minnerath and Ray McCallum) accounted for 40.6% of the rebounds.
- Ray McCallum has led the team in scoring 12 times in 21 games this season.
- Nick Minnerath has led the team in rebounding 7 times in 21 games this season.
- Jason Calliste has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Nick Minnerath has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 4th foul out of the season for Nick Minnerath.
- Juwan Howard Jr. set a career high with a 80% field goal percentage.
- Doug Anderson has 4 straight double-digit point games.
|A||J. Howard Jr.||26||17||4||2||2||1||1|