On Saturday, January 26th, Robert Morris knocked off Mount St. Mary's 76-68 in NEC action. Stephan Hawkins guided the Colonials and put up six points and four rebounds. Russell Johnson also had a solid outing, scoring 14 points and adding five rebounds. Julian Norfleet got a season-high 21 points and four rebounds for the Mountaineers. Next up for Robert Morris (14-7, 6-2 NEC) is St. Francis (NY) (8-11, 4-4 NEC) on Thursday, January 31st on the road.
Robert Morris Game Notes
- Robert Morris started 14-7 during the 2008 and 2006 seasons (since 1996).
- The win over Mount St. Mary's extended the Robert Morris winning streak to 6 games.
- Robert Morris has won 100% of the time this season (5-0) when its field goal percentage has been 51.0% or better.
- The Colonials have won 86% of the time this season (6-1) after recording 76 or more total points.
- RMU has won 83% of the time this season (10-2) when opponents record 68 or fewer total points.
- RMU has won 75% of the time this season (6-2) after holding an opponent to under 42.6% field goal percentage.
- This season Robert Morris has won 80% of the time (8-2) when Mike McFadden has 4 field goals made or more, 100% of the time (4-0) when Russell Johnson has 6 free throws made or more, and 83% of the time (5-1) when Karvel Anderson has 4 three-pointers or more.
- Robert Morris has turned the ball over less than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- This is the 9th game at home this season--RMU has a 6.7 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Karvel Anderson and Russell Johnson) accounted for 47.3% of the points.
- Karvel Anderson has led the team in scoring in 8 out of 21 games this season.
- Lucky Jones has led the team in rebounding in 12 out of 21 games this season.
- Russell Johnson has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Velton Jones.
- This marks the 3rd 20-point game of Karvel Anderson's career.
- Lucky Jones had a career high with a 100% three-point percentage.
Mount St. Mary's Game Notes
- Shivaughn Wiggins recorded a team season high in points with 21, free throws made with 9, and free throws attempted with 11.
- Julian Norfleet tallied a team season high in points with 21.
- Julian Norfleet accounted for 30.8% of the team's points.
- Julian Norfleet has led the team in scoring 3 times in 19 games this season.
- This marks the 8th 20-point game of Julian Norfleet's career.
- This marks the 2nd 20-point game of Shivaughn Wiggins's career.