On Saturday, January 26th, Sacred Heart took on Monmouth and beat the Hawks 82-68 in NEC play. The Pioneers got the win with a season-high 33 points and five rebounds from Shane Gibson. Phil Gaetano had five points and added 13 assists. For the Hawks, Dion Nesmith got a team-high 16 points and four rebounds. Sacred Heart (8-11, 6-2 NEC) takes on Wagner (11-8, 5-3 NEC) on Thursday, January 31st on the road.
Sacred Heart Game Notes
- Sacred Heart started 8-11 during the 2011, 2010, and 2008 seasons (since 1996).
- The win over Monmouth extended the Sacred Heart winning streak to 3 games.
- Sacred Heart has won 80% of the time this season (4-1) when its field goal percentage has been 50.0% or better.
- SHU has won 80% of the time this season (4-1) when opponents record 11 or fewer assists.
- This season Sacred Heart has won 100% of the time (4-0) when Shane Gibson plays 37 minutes or more and 80% of the time (4-1) when Louis Montes has 6 free throws made or more.
- The Pioneers set a season high for free throws made.
- The last time SHU recorded at least 24 free throws made was Jan 29, 2011 against Robert Morris.
- The Pioneers have outshot their opponents in free throw percentage for the past 6 games.
- This is the 4th win of the season where the Pioneers came back after being down at halftime.
- This is the 7th game at home this season--SHU has a 0.9 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Shane Gibson recorded a team season high in free throws made with 15 and free throws attempted with 17.
- Phil Gaetano tallied a team season high in assists with 13.
- Shane Gibson accounted for 40.2% of the team's points.
- Shane Gibson has led the team in scoring in 13 out of 19 games this season.
- This game was the 7th double-digit assist game of Phil Gaetano's career.
- Phil Gaetano had a career high with 13 assists.
- This marks the 46th 20-point game of Shane Gibson's career.
- Shane Gibson has 7 straight 20+ point games.
- Shane Gibson had a career high with 15 free throws made.
- This marks the 6th 20-point game of Louis Montes's career.
- Louis Montes has 3 straight double-digit point games.
Monmouth Game Notes
- Marcus Ware recorded a team season high in free throws attempted with 9.
- Dion Nesmith has led the team in scoring 4 times in 21 games this season.
- Stephen Spinella has led the team in rebounding 6 times in 21 games this season.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Dion Nesmith.
- Dion Nesmith set a career high with a 100% three-point percentage.