(5-13, 1-9 away)
Norfolk State 74
(12-10, 6-1 home)
Venue: Joseph G. Echols Hall
6:15PM ET / 3:15PM PT, January 26, 2013
||D Powers 12
||D Maxwell 6
||D Powers 5
||P Williams 13
||R Gaston 6
||J Fuentes 5
On Saturday, January 26th, Norfolk State knocked off Hampton 74-67 in MEAC action. The Spartans were led by Pendarvis Williams, who put up a team-high 16 points plus six rebounds. Rob Johnson had 13 points and added six assists. Du`Vaughn Maxwell recorded a double-double for the Pirates on 12 points and 10 rebounds. Norfolk State (12-10, 7-0 MEAC) gets Coppin State (5-16, 2-4 MEAC) on the road on Saturday, February 2nd.
Norfolk State Game Notes
- The last time NSU started the season 12-10 was 2007.
- The win over Hampton extended the Norfolk State winning streak to 6 games.
- The Spartans have won 100% of the time this season (7-0) after recording 74 or more total points.
- Norfolk State has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) when its field goal percentage has been 46.4% or better.
- NSU has won 83% of the time this season (5-1) when opponents record 5 or fewer steals.
- This season Norfolk State has won 86% of the time (6-1) when Rob Johnson has 13 points or more and 83% of the time (5-1) when Pendarvis Williams has 5 free throws made or more.
- The Spartans have recorded more assists than their opponents for the past 7 games.
- Norfolk State has turned the ball over less than their opponents for the past 5 games.
- This is the 5th win of the season where the Spartans came back after being down at halftime.
- This is the 6th game at home this season--NSU has a 7.5 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Jamel Fuentes recorded a team season high in steals with 5.
- Pendarvis Williams has led the team in scoring in 9 out of 22 games this season.
- Pendarvis Williams has 9 straight double-digit point games.
- Rob Johnson has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Rob Johnson had a career high with 6 assists.
- Jamel Fuentes had a career high with 5 steals.
- This was the 4th foul out of the season for Brandon Goode.
Hampton Game Notes
- This loss extended the Pirates losing streak to 3 games.
- The top two scorers (Deron Powers and Emmanuel Okoroba) accounted for 49.2% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Du`Vaughn Maxwell and Emmanuel Okoroba) accounted for 42.5% of the rebounds.
- Deron Powers has led the team in scoring 6 times in 18 games this season.
- Du`Vaughn Maxwell has led the team in rebounding 7 times in 18 games this season.
- This marks the 2nd 20-point game of Deron Powers's career.
- Du`Vaughn Maxwell recorded the 7th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Du`Vaughn Maxwell recorded a double-double. It was his 4th this season and 6th of his career.
- Emmanuel Okoroba has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Emmanuel Okoroba.