Boise State 59
(14-5, 5-4 away)
(11-8, 9-3 home)
Venue: Lawlor Events Center
4:00PM ET / 1:00PM PT, January 26, 2013
||D Marks 17
||R Watkins 8
||D Marks 3
||D Burton 16
||J Evans Jr 5
||D Burton 3
Nevada thumped Boise State 75-59 in MWC play on Saturday, January 26th. Boise State actually led 28-27 at the half, but then Nevada came out of the locker room and dominated in the second half. Malik Story played well for the Wolf Pack and put up 16 points plus six rebounds. Deonte Burton also had a great outing, scoring a team-high 17 points and adding four rebounds. Anthony Drmic got a game-high 23 points and seven rebounds for the Broncos. Next up for Nevada (11-8, 2-3 MWC) is UNLV (16-4, 3-2 MWC) on Tuesday, January 29th on the road.
Nevada Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 2:13 left to go.
- Nevada started 11-8 during the 2002, 2001, and 1997 seasons (since 1996).
- Nevada beat the spread by 17.5 points. That makes the 6th time this season the Wolf Pack have beaten the spread.
- Nevada has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) when its field goal percentage has been 47.9% or better.
- The Wolf Pack have won 88% of the time this season (7-1) after recording 75 or more total points.
- Nevada has won 75% of the time this season (6-2) when opponents record 22 or fewer field goals made.
- The Wolf Pack have recorded more free throws made than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- This is the 3rd win of the season where the Wolf Pack came back after being down at halftime.
- This is the 12th game at home this season--Nevada has a 3.2 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Deonte Burton and Malik Story) accounted for 44.0% of the points.
- Deonte Burton has led the team in scoring in 11 out of 19 games this season.
- Devonte Elliott has led the team in rebounding in 4 out of 19 games this season.
- Deonte Burton has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- Malik Story has 3 straight double-digit point games.
Boise State Game Notes
- Boise State lost and did not cover the spread.
- Anthony Drmic accounted for 38.9% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Kenny Buckner and Anthony Drmic) accounted for 42.4% of the rebounds.
- Anthony Drmic has led the team in scoring 8 times in 19 games this season.
- Kenny Buckner has led the team in rebounding 5 times in 19 games this season.
- This marks the 10th 20-point game of Anthony Drmic's career.
- Anthony Drmic has 9 straight double-digit point games.
- Derrick Marks has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Derrick Marks.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Kenny Buckner.
|B||Jerry Evans Jr||31||12||3||2||0||1||4|