On Saturday, January 26th, Florida A&M took on Maryland-Eastern Shore and narrowly beat the Hawks 55-54 in conference action. The Rattlers got the win with nine points and three rebounds (4 Stl 3 Ast) from Reggie Lewis. Jamie Adams got a team-high 18 points. Kevin Mays recorded a double-double for the Hawks on a game-high 20 points and 13 rebounds. Florida A&M (5-13, 2-3 MEAC) hosts Delaware State (8-10, 3-1 MEAC) on Monday, January 28th.
Florida A&M Game Notes
- Florida A&M started 6-14 during the 2008, 2001, and 1998 seasons (since 1996).
- The Rattlers have won 83% of the time this season (5-1) after recording 14 or more assists.
- The Rattlers set a season high for steals.
- The Rattlers have recorded more steals than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- Florida A&M has recorded fewer rebounds than their opponents for the past 8 games.
- This is the 6th game at home this season--FAMU has a 4.3 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Jamie Adams accounted for 32.7% of the team's points.
- Jamie Adams has led the team in scoring in 11 out of 20 games this season.
- Markee Teal has led the team in rebounding in 7 out of 20 games this season.
- Jamie Adams has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Reggie Lewis had a career high with 4 steals.
- This was the 3rd foul out of the season for Onyekachukwu Odi.
Maryland-Eastern Shore Game Notes
- The Hawks have lost 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Maryland-Eastern Shore has lost 18 close games.
- Troy Snyder recorded a team season high in rebounds with 15.
- Kevin Mays tallied a team season high in offensive rebounds with 8.
- Kevin Mays accounted for 37.0% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Troy Snyder and Kevin Mays) accounted for 49.1% of the rebounds.
- Kevin Mays has led the team in scoring 3 times in 15 games this season.
- Troy Snyder has led the team in rebounding 7 times in 15 games this season.
- This marks the 2nd 20-point game of Kevin Mays's career.
- Kevin Mays has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Kevin Mays recorded a double-double. It was the 2nd of his career.
- Troy Snyder recorded the 1st double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Troy Snyder set career highs with 15 rebounds, 6 offensive rebounds, and 9 defensive rebounds.