On Saturday, January 26th, North Carolina Central took on Coppin State and knocked off Coppin State 84-75 in conference action. North Carolina Central were led by Ray Willis, who put up a team-high 20 points plus six rebounds. Jeremy Ingram had 19 points and added five rebounds (6 Stl 3 Ast). Andre Armstrong got a season-high 28 points (4 Stl 3 Reb) for Coppin State, making 6 of 10 from three-point range. North Carolina Central (12-7, 4-0 MEAC) takes on Morgan State (5-10, 2-2 MEAC) on Monday, January 28th on their home court.
North Carolina Central Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:26 left to go.
- The win over Coppin State extended the North Carolina Central winning streak to 6 games.
- The Eagles have won 100% of the time this season (5-0) after recording 84 or more total points.
- North Carolina Central has won 100% of the time this season (6-0) when its field goal percentage has been 55.2% or better.
- NCCU has won 92% of the time this season (11-1) after holding an opponent to under 43.9% field goal percentage.
- NCCU has won 80% of the time this season (4-1) when opponents record 7 or fewer assists.
- This season North Carolina Central has won 71% of the time (5-2) when Jeremy Ingram has 19 points or more and 71% of the time (5-2) when Jay Copeland Jr has 5 rebounds or more.
- NCCU set a season low for blocks.
- The Eagles have recorded more assists than their opponents for the past 7 games.
- Emanuel Chapman recorded a team season high in assists with 13.
- The top two scorers (Ray Willis and Jeremy Ingram) accounted for 46.4% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Stanton Kidd and Ray Willis) accounted for 41.6% of the rebounds.
- Ray Willis has led the team in scoring in 6 out of 19 games this season.
- Stanton Kidd has led the team in rebounding in 9 out of 19 games this season.
- Jeremy Ingram had a career high with 6 steals.
- This marks the 11th 20-point game of Ray Willis's career.
- This game was the 8th double-digit assist game of Emanuel Chapman's career.
- Stanton Kidd has 9 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Stanton Kidd.
Coppin State Game Notes
- Andre Armstrong accounted for 37.3% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Michael Murray and Patrick Cole) accounted for 46.1% of the rebounds.
- Andre Armstrong has led the team in scoring 4 times in 21 games this season.
- Michael Murray has led the team in rebounding 16 times in 21 games this season.
- This marks the 2nd 20-point game of Andre Armstrong's career.
- Andre Armstrong has 4 straight double-digit point games.