Santa Clara 64
(16-6, 6-2 away)
San Diego 50
(11-11, 8-3 home)
Venue: Jenny Craig Pavilion
4:00PM ET / 1:00PM PT, January 26, 2013
||K Foster 19
||M Trasolini 8
||E Roguemore 6
||J Dee 14
||C Manresa 6
||C Anderson 5
On Saturday, January 26th, Santa Clara won on the road against San Diego 64-50 in conference action. Marc Trasolini was exceptional for the Broncos and put up a game-high 23 points plus eight rebounds. Evan Roguemore had 18 points and added three rebounds. For the Toreros, Keith Stackhouse got a career-high eight points and two rebounds. Santa Clara (16-6, 4-3 West Coast) gets Portland (8-14, 1-6 West Coast) on their home court on Thursday, January 31st.
Santa Clara Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 4:47 left to go.
- The last time SCU started the season 16-6 was 1997.
- The win over San Diego extended the Santa Clara winning streak to 4 games.
- SCU beat the spread by 9.0 points. That makes the 8th time this season the Broncos have beaten the spread.
- The Broncos have won 100% of the time this season (4-0) after recording 8 or more blocks.
- Santa Clara has won 83% of the time this season (5-1) after committing 10 or fewer turnovers.
- SCU has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) when opponents record 50 or fewer total points.
- SCU has won 100% of the time this season (9-0) after holding an opponent to under 37.5% field goal percentage.
- This season Santa Clara has won 100% of the time (6-0) when Marc Trasolini has 23 points or more, 75% of the time (6-2) when Evan Roguemore plays 36 minutes or more, and 80% of the time (8-2) when Kevin Foster has 5 assists or more.
- SCU set season lows for assists, field goals made, three-pointers, and total points.
- The Broncos have recorded more assists than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- Marc Trasolini accounted for 35.9% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Yannick Atanga and Marc Trasolini) accounted for 56.6% of the rebounds.
- Marc Trasolini has led the team in scoring in 9 out of 22 games this season.
- Yannick Atanga has led the team in rebounding in 5 out of 22 games this season.
- This marks the 17th 20-point game of Marc Trasolini's career.
- Marc Trasolini has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Marc Trasolini had a career high with 10 field goals made.
San Diego Game Notes
- San Diego lost and did not cover the spread.
- This loss extended the Toreros losing streak to 3 games.
- The top two scorers (Ken Rancifer and Johnny Dee) accounted for 46.0% of the points.
- Ken Rancifer has led the team in scoring 3 times in 22 games this season.
|D+||R. Cowels III||24||0||3||0||3||0||0|