No. 22 Missouri outrebounded Vanderbilt 40-18 and trounced the Commodores 81-59 in SEC play on Saturday, January 26th. It was all Missouri from the beginning and they led 49-20 at the half. Alex Oriakhi got 18 points and 12 rebounds for the Tigers, earning a double-double. Phil Pressey also had a strong showing, scoring 12 points and adding six assists. For the Commodores, Rod Odom finished with a team-high 17 points and three rebounds. Missouri (14-4, 4-2 SEC) gets LSU (10-7, 1-5 SEC) on the road on Wednesday, January 30th.
Missouri Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 7:23 left to go.
- Missouri started 15-4 during the 2009 and 1998 seasons (since 1996).
- Mizzou beat the spread by 10.0 points. That makes the 7th time this season the Tigers have beaten the spread.
- This was the 5th blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, Mizzou has been on the winning end of 52 blowout games.
- The Tigers have won 89% of the time this season (8-1) after recording 28 or more field goals made.
- Mizzou has won 100% of the time this season (6-0) when opponents record 59 or fewer total points.
- This season Missouri has won 78% of the time (7-2) when Phil Pressey has 12 points or more, 100% of the time (4-0) when Alex Oriakhi plays 30 minutes or more, and 83% of the time (5-1) when Earnest Ross has 3 three-pointers or more.
- The Tigers have recorded more free throws made than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- This is the 12th game at home this season--Mizzou has a 20.6 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Jabari Brown and Alex Oriakhi) accounted for 48.1% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Alex Oriakhi and Earnest Ross) accounted for 47.5% of the rebounds.
- Jabari Brown has led the team in scoring in 5 out of 19 games this season.
- Alex Oriakhi has led the team in rebounding in 10 out of 19 games this season.
- This marks the 2nd 20-point game of Jabari Brown's career.
- Jabari Brown has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- Alex Oriakhi recorded the 32nd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Alex Oriakhi recorded a double-double. It was his 7th this season and 21st of his career.
- Alex Oriakhi had career highs with 18 points and 7 field goals made.
Vanderbilt Game Notes
- Vanderbilt lost and did not cover the spread.
- This was the 3rd blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, Vandy has been on the losing end of 7 blowout games.
- The top two scorers (Rod Odom and Kedren Johnson) accounted for 47.4% of the points.
- Rod Odom set career highs with 17 points and 6 field goals made.