DePaul shot just 28% from the field and was smoked by Pittsburgh 93-55 in conference play on Saturday, January 26th. DePaul was never really in this one, as they trailed 53-30 at halftime and couldn't get back into it. Brandon Young put up a team-high 13 points and five rebounds (5 Ast 3 Stl) in the Blue Demons loss. Montray Clemons had six points and added two rebounds. Lamar Patterson got 15 points and seven rebounds for the Panthers. DePaul (10-9, 1-5 Big East) goes to St. John's (12-7, 4-3 Big East) on Wednesday, January 30th.
DePaul Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 10:58 left to go.
- The last time DePaul started the season 10-9 was 2011.
- DePaul has lost 100% of the time this season (0-6) after recording 10 or fewer assists.
- The Blue Demons have lost 78% of the time this season (2-7) after having a three-point percentage of 27.8% or worse.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 49.3% or better this season, DePaul has lost 75% of the time (1-3).
- DePaul set season lows for blocks, field goal percentage, and total points.
- DePaul has recorded fewer free throws made than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- The top two scorers (Brandon Young and Moses Morgan) accounted for 43.6% of the points.
- Brandon Young has led the team in scoring in 8 out of 19 games this season.
- Jamee Crockett has led the team in rebounding in 3 out of 19 games this season.
Pittsburgh Game Notes
- Steven Adams recorded a team season high in defensive rebounds with 9.
- The bench recorded more points (52) than the starters (41).
- Steven Adams has led the team in rebounding 8 times in 21 games this season.
- Steven Adams recorded the 3rd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Lamar Patterson has 3 straight double-digit point games.