(13-6, 11-2 home)
Venue: Rupp Arena
4:00PM ET / 1:00PM PT, January 26, 2013
||S Coleman 12
||J O`Bryant III 8
||C Carmouche 4
||A Poythress 13
||N Noel 9
||R Harrow 3
LSU faced off with Kentucky on Saturday, January 26th and was taken down by the Wildcats 75-70 in conference play. Johnny O`Bryant III got a season-high 21 points and 12 rebounds for the Tigers, earning a double-double. Charles Carmouche had seven points and added seven assists (4 Reb 3 Stl). Alex Poythress got a double-double for the Wildcats on a team-high 20 points and 12 rebounds. Next up for LSU (10-7, 1-5 SEC) is 22nd-ranked Missouri (14-4, 4-2 SEC) on Wednesday, January 30th at home.
LSU Game Notes
- LSU started 10-7 during the 2010 and 1998 seasons (since 1996).
- LSU beat the spread by 11.0 points. That makes the 6th time this season the Tigers have beaten the spread.
- The Tigers have been unlucky 4 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, LSU has lost 23 close games.
- LSU has lost 75% of the time this season (1-3) after recording 7 or fewer steals.
- When the opposition records 75 or more total points this season, LSU has lost 80% of the time (1-4).
- When the opposition records 27 or more field goals made this season, LSU has lost 80% of the time (1-4).
- LSU set a season low for rebounds.
- LSU has recorded fewer free throws made than their opponents for the past 7 games.
- Johnny O`Bryant III recorded a team season high in offensive rebounds with 8 and field goals attempted with 22.
- The top two scorers (Johnny O`Bryant III and Anthony Hickey) accounted for 51.4% of the points.
- Johnny O`Bryant III accounted for 46.1% of the team's rebounds.
- Johnny O`Bryant III has led the team in scoring 3 times and in rebounding 7 times in 17 games this season.
- This marks the 2nd 20-point game of Johnny O`Bryant III's career.
- Johnny O`Bryant III has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Johnny O`Bryant III recorded a double-double. It was his 6th this season and 8th of his career.
- Johnny O`Bryant III had career highs with 21 points, 9 field goals made, and 8 offensive rebounds.
- Anthony Hickey has 7 straight double-digit point games.
- Anthony Hickey had a career high with 4 three-pointers.
Kentucky Game Notes
- Kentucky won, but did not cover the spread.
- The Wildcats won this one, but have lost 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Kentucky has lost 19 close games.
- The top two scorers (Alex Poythress and Archie Goodwin) accounted for 46.6% of the points.
- Alex Poythress accounted for 30.7% of the team's rebounds.
- Alex Poythress has led the team in scoring 4 times and in rebounding 3 times in 19 games this season.
- This marks the 5th 20-point game of Alex Poythress's career.
- Alex Poythress recorded a double-double. It was the 1st of his career.
|A+||J. O`Bryant III||39||21||12||2||0||0||4|
|-||A. Del Piero||4||0||0||0||0||1||0|