Brigham Young 85
(16-6, 4-5 away)
(8-14, 6-6 home)
Venue: Chiles Center
10:30PM ET / 7:30PM PT, January 26, 2013
||T Haws 20
||B Davies 7
||M Carlino 4
||R Nicholas 13
||R Nicholas 9
||D Rodgers 2
On Saturday, January 26th, Brigham Young won big against Portland 85-67 in West Coast play. The Cougars were led by Matt Carlino, who got a season-high 24 points plus six assists. Brandon Davies played his way to a double-double with 20 points and 11 rebounds. Ryan Nicholas registered a double-double for the Pilots on a team-high 16 points and 11 rebounds. Brigham Young (16-6, 6-2 West Coast) heads to Pepperdine (10-10, 2-5 West Coast) on Thursday, January 31st.
Brigham Young Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 2:17 left to go.
- Brigham Young started 16-6 during the 2006 and 2000 seasons (since 1996).
- BYU beat the spread by 6.5 points. That makes the 12th time this season the Cougars have beaten the spread.
- The Cougars have won 100% of the time this season (6-0) after recording 85 or more total points.
- Brigham Young has won 89% of the time this season (8-1) when its field goal percentage has been 51.7% or better.
- Brigham Young has won 80% of the time this season (8-2) after committing 11 or fewer turnovers.
- BYU has won 100% of the time this season (6-0) when opponents record 4 or fewer three-pointers.
- BYU has won 85% of the time this season (11-2) after holding an opponent to under 33.3% three-point percentage.
- This season Brigham Young has won 81% of the time (13-3) when Tyler Haws has 19 points or more, 78% of the time (7-2) when Brandon Davies has 7 field goals made or more, and 90% of the time (9-1) when Josh Sharp has 5 rebounds or more.
- The Cougars set a season high for three-point percentage.
- The top two scorers (Matt Carlino and Brandon Davies) accounted for 51.7% of the points.
- Brandon Davies accounted for 36.6% of the team's rebounds.
- Matt Carlino has led the team in scoring in 4 out of 22 games this season.
- Brandon Davies has led the team in rebounding in 13 out of 22 games this season.
- This marks the 6th 20-point game of Matt Carlino's career.
- Matt Carlino has 8 straight double-digit point games.
- Matt Carlino had a career high with a 100% three-point percentage.
- This marks the 19th 20-point game of Brandon Davies's career.
- Brandon Davies has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- Brandon Davies recorded a double-double. It was his 5th this season and 18th of his career.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Brock Zylstra.
- This was the 3rd foul out of the season for Nate Austin.
Portland Game Notes
- Portland lost and did not cover the spread.
- This loss extended the Pilots losing streak to 4 games.
- The top two scorers (Ryan Nicholas and Kevin Bailey) accounted for 41.7% of the points.
- Ryan Nicholas accounted for 30.5% of the team's rebounds.
- Ryan Nicholas has led the team in scoring 13 times and in rebounding 18 times in 22 games this season.
- Ryan Nicholas recorded the 17th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Ryan Nicholas recorded a double-double. It was his 7th this season and 13th of his career.
- Derrick Rodgers set a career high with a 100% field goal percentage.
- This was the 4th foul out of the season for Kevin Bailey.
|B||T. van der Mars||20||7||4||1||0||1||1|