(10-9, 4-2 away)
(17-4, 14-2 home)
Venue: Petersen Events Center
4:00PM ET / 1:00PM PT, January 26, 2013
||C Melvin 17
||C Melvin 7
||B Young 4
||T Woodall 10
||S Adams 6
||T Woodall 5
In a game where the Blue Demons shot just 28% from the floor, Pittsburgh easily knocked off DePaul 93-55 in Big East play. Pittsburgh was up big at the break, 53-30, and didn't let up in the second half. Lamar Patterson had an impressive game for the Panthers and put up 15 points plus seven rebounds. Steven Adams had nine points and added 14 rebounds. For the Blue Demons, Brandon Young finished with a team-high 13 points and five rebounds (5 Ast 3 Stl). The next game will be on Monday, January 28th when Pittsburgh (17-4, 5-3 Big East) travels to fifth-ranked Louisville (16-4, 4-3 Big East).
Pittsburgh Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 10:58 left to go.
- Pittsburgh started 17-4 during the 2007, 2004, and 2002 seasons (since 1996).
- The win over DePaul extended the Pittsburgh winning streak to 4 games.
- Pittsburgh beat the spread by 21.5 points. That makes the 7th time this season the Panthers have beaten the spread.
- This was the 11th blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, Pittsburgh has been on the winning end of 49 blowout games.
- Pittsburgh has won 100% of the time this season (9-0) when its field goal percentage has been 49.3% or better.
- The Panthers have won 100% of the time this season (4-0) after recording 18 or more free throws made.
- Pittsburgh has won 100% of the time this season (12-0) when opponents record 55 or fewer total points.
- Pittsburgh has won 78% of the time this season (7-2) after holding an opponent to under 27.8% three-point percentage.
- This season Pittsburgh has won 89% of the time (8-1) when Steven Adams has 4 field goals made or more, 88% of the time (7-1) when Talib Zanna has 6 rebounds or more, and 88% of the time (7-1) when Tray Woodall has 8 assists or more.
- The Panthers set season highs for blocks, rebounds, total points, and turnovers.
- The last time Pittsburgh recorded at least 9 blocks was Nov 22, 2011 against La Salle.
- The Panthers have recorded more free throws made than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- This is the 14th game at home this season--Pittsburgh has a 21.7 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Steven Adams recorded a team season high in defensive rebounds with 9.
- The bench recorded more points (52) than the starters (41).
- Steven Adams has led the team in rebounding in 8 out of 21 games this season.
- Steven Adams recorded the 3rd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Lamar Patterson has 3 straight double-digit point games.
DePaul Game Notes
- DePaul lost and did not cover the spread.
- This was the 2nd blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, DePaul has been on the losing end of 24 blowout games.
- This loss extended the Blue Demons losing streak to 4 games.
- The top two scorers (Brandon Young and Moses Morgan) accounted for 43.6% of the points.
- Brandon Young has led the team in scoring 8 times in 19 games this season.
- Jamee Crockett has led the team in rebounding 3 times in 19 games this season.
|-||D. Robertson Jr.||6||0||0||0||0||0||0|