No. 23 Ole Miss won a nail-biter over Auburn 63-61 in SEC play on Saturday, January 26th. The Rebels got the win with a season-high 17 points and five rebounds from LaDarius White. Nick Williams had three points and added four rebounds. For the Tigers, Rob Chubb got one point and 10 rebounds (4 Blk 3 Ast). The next game will be on Tuesday, January 29th when Ole Miss (17-2, 6-0 SEC) welcomes Kentucky (13-6, 4-2 SEC).
Ole Miss Game Notes
- The win over Auburn extended the Ole Miss winning streak to 9 games.
- The Rebels have won 3 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, Ole Miss is 31-24 in close games.
- The Rebels have won every game this season (9-0) after recording 15 or more assists.
- Ole Miss has won every game this season (8-0) when opponents record 61 or fewer total points.
- Ole Miss has won every game this season (7-0) after holding an opponent to under 37.0% field goal percentage.
- This season Ole Miss has won 87% of the time (13-2) when Marshall Henderson has 15 points or more and 75% of the time (6-2) when Murphy Holloway plays 33 minutes or more.
- The Rebels set a season high for three-pointers (11).
- The last time Ole Miss recorded at least 11 three-pointers was Dec 04, 2011 against Penn State.
- Ole Miss set season lows for free throws made (4) and steals (1).
- This is the 7th win of the season where the Rebels came back after being down at halftime.
- The top two scorers (LaDarius White and Marshall Henderson) accounted for 50.7% of the points.
- Murphy Holloway accounted for 30.5% of the team's rebounds.
- Murphy Holloway has led the team in rebounding in 14 out of 19 games this season.
- Jarvis Summers had a career high with a 100% three-point percentage.
- Murphy Holloway recorded the 41st double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Marshall Henderson has 15 straight double-digit point games.
Auburn Game Notes
- The Tigers have lost 6 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Auburn is 26-28 in close games.
- This loss extended the Tigers losing streak to 4 games.
- Rob Chubb recorded a team season high in blocks with 4.
- The top two scorers (Chris Denson and Frankie Sullivan) accounted for 49.1% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Rob Chubb and Shaquille Johnson) accounted for 48.6% of the rebounds.
- Chris Denson has led the team in scoring 3 times in 19 games this season.
- Rob Chubb has led the team in rebounding 11 times in 19 games this season.
- Rob Chubb recorded the 9th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Frankie Sullivan has 9 straight double-digit point games.