Washington State 71
(11-9, 1-6 away)
Oregon State 68
(11-9, 10-6 home)
Venue: Gill Coliseum
5:00PM ET / 2:00PM PT, January 26, 2013
||B Motum 18
||B Motum 6
||R Woolridge 2
||R Nelson 15
||E Moreland 10
||J Burton 3
Washington State squared off with Oregon State on Saturday, January 26th and just barely beat the Beavers 71-68 in Pac 12 action. Brock Motum earned a double-double for the Cougars with 20 points and 10 rebounds. Mike Ladd had a career-high 23 points and added six rebounds. For the Beavers, Ahmad Starks finished with a team-high 17 points (8 Ast 3 Stl) on 54% shooting. The next game will be on Thursday, January 31st when Washington State (11-8, 2-5 Pac 12) welcomes Arizona State (15-4, 5-2 Pac 12).
Washington State Game Notes
- Washington State started 11-9 during the 2011 and 1996 seasons (since 1996).
- WSU beat the spread by 7.5 points. That makes the 11th time this season the Cougars have beaten the spread.
- The Cougars have won 100% of the time this season (6-0) after recording 71 or more total points.
- Washington State has won 80% of the time this season (4-1) after committing 10 or fewer turnovers.
- Washington State has won 78% of the time this season (7-2) when its field goal percentage has been 44.6% or better.
- WSU has won 88% of the time this season (7-1) when opponents record 7 or fewer free throws made.
- This season Washington State has won 75% of the time (6-2) when Brock Motum has 20 points or more, 83% of the time (5-1) when Dexter Kernich-Drew has 4 field goals made or more, and 100% of the time (4-0) when Royce Woolridge has 5 free throws made or more.
- WSU set season lows for blocks and steals.
- Washington State has recorded fewer assists than their opponents for the past 5 games.
- This is the 3rd win of the season where the Cougars came back after being down at halftime.
- Mike Ladd accounted for 32.3% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (D.J. Shelton and Brock Motum) accounted for 51.2% of the rebounds.
- Mike Ladd has led the team in scoring in 6 out of 20 games this season.
- D.J. Shelton has led the team in rebounding in 5 out of 20 games this season.
- This marks the 20th 20-point game of Brock Motum's career.
- Brock Motum has 20 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Brock Motum.
- Brock Motum recorded a double-double. It was his 2nd this season and 5th of his career.
- Brock Motum had a career high with 9 defensive rebounds.
- This marks the 4th 20-point game of Mike Ladd's career.
- Mike Ladd has 8 straight double-digit point games.
- Mike Ladd had career highs with 23 points and 10 field goals made.
- D.J. Shelton recorded the 3rd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- D.J. Shelton had a career high with 6 assists.
Oregon State Game Notes
- Oregon State lost and did not cover the spread.
- The Beavers have lost 4 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Oregon State has lost 29 close games.
- Ahmad Starks recorded a team season high in assists with 8.
- The top two scorers (Ahmad Starks and Roberto Nelson) accounted for 45.5% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Eric Moreland and Joe Burton) accounted for 44.4% of the rebounds.
- Ahmad Starks has led the team in scoring 6 times in 20 games this season.
- Eric Moreland has led the team in rebounding 16 times in 20 games this season.
- Ahmad Starks set a career high with 8 assists.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Eric Moreland.
- Roberto Nelson has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- Devon Collier has 3 straight double-digit point games.